WonderCon 2011 - ThunderCats

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Mumm-Ra, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

As long as it's a really good opening!

2. Sepphara

Sepphara Vortex Explorer

Thundercats orignal opening was one of the best one of any cartoons ever. It caught your attention, showed you all the characters that you needed to know, and you got swept away. The roar at the end still gets me. I'm sure they will make the new opening good, but nothing will compare to the orignal.

And yes, Tygra was always the scientist of the group. Wasnt he the one that came up with the new fuel supply or was that Panthro? The super fuel. He was always the nerdy one and I loved it.

3. Wolf873

Wolf873 Glass Walker

True, true. But seeing the trend nowadays, it seems highly unlikely it'll be a spectacular opening. The music is partly what made it fun, and seeing as how they have stated that they are working on new music, chances are even slimmer.

4. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Yeah Disney channel and Nickelodeon seem to be the only ones who actually still care about proper opening sequences.

5. catspat

catspat also known as...Leppardra

What, no Pumyra? :(

6. GK Punk

GK Punk Formerly Astrokreep

They never said no Pumyra.

7. -sdp-

-sdp- Junior Member

I haven't posted in this section since the wondercon trailer which I did not like but after viewing the wondercon panel, it defintiely made up for the lackluster trailer. The things I had doubts for seem to be covered pretty well at least from what they told us.

I was kind of iffy about Thunderra being on third earth since I loved the idea of them being stranded on a planet they did not understand and full of mystery but I always hated the Superman origin story. However that can still work and this is what I got from the wondercon panel, if Thunderra is a kingdom like say ancient china that built walls and distanced itself from the outside world, when the Thunderran kingdom falls then Third Earth would still be an unfamiliar world they do not understand. I also love that they mention they'd respect the mythologies of the old show and thats what I love about the old show, since honestly the writing isn't very good but the world they built is and i hope the new show does a great job fleshing out the awesome universe the old show couldn't do. Retool characters when need it and add more depth to them but I also hope they keep true to them like Mumm-Ra being a slave to the ancient spirits and whatnot have to stay and Claudis betraying his race but other stuff can be changed.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  8. balgus82

Um....when exactly did Claudus ever betray his race?

9. -sdp-

-sdp- Junior Member

bad wording? you know what I mean he was a warrior alongside Jaga and betrayed those beliefs for greed.

10. balgus82

I believe you're thinking of Grune, not Claudus. Claudus is Lion-O's father.

11. -sdp-

-sdp- Junior Member

totally goofed, you're right. No wonder your Avatar is all mad at me :p sorry Claudus!

12. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

catspat it was my fault i omitted to say Pumyra!! She will be in:pumyrahappy::thumbsup: