WonderCon ThunderCats Trailer!!!!!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

2. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

Sweet! some of the animation doesn't look quite as impressive here to me, but it still looks to be a great show. Nice clean version too. Didn't expect something that clear this soon. lol

Jaga's voice is deeper than I would like. His voice was always kinda soothing to me as a kid. but oh well. no biggie. lol

And still no Panthro? seriously?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  3. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I'm very impressed with that, and great to hear Larry Kenney's voicing of Claudus!! :thumbsup:

Can't wait for this to launch! :thumbsup:

Take care... :)

4. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Glass Walker

5. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

A huge Thank you for the coverage guys:thumbsup:

So everything is starting to fall into piece now!!

I am more than excited and completely BLOWN AWAY!!

At last we heard for the first time, the modern version of the:Thunder Thunder Thundercats HOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Well done Will!!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  6. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

That trailer is fantastic! :) I guess the awakening of the Eye of Thundera, is what also re-awakens Mumm-Ra?

In the close up shot of S-S-Slithe, he actually looks like the Rankin-Bass version! :D I'm very happy with the character designs now we can see them animated :) The voices sound good too!

Any word on when this will premiere? and if international territories will get it soon after?

7. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

man i can't wait!!!!!!!

8. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

So all this happens on Third Earth and Thundera is a city there which eventually gets destroyed.

9. Demolisher

Demolisher Moleman

one word EPIC

the voice acting is brilliant, it looks much more serious, the music gave me goosebumps and the animation looks good (i'm no expert but it looks old school and I like that)

It looks like the thundercats don't have advanced weaponry yet (just bows and swords?) the mutants did kick ass and Slithe was really bad ass.

Oh and Mumm-ra looked frightening and extremely powerful from that small glimps.

Still no view of the other mutants nor panthro!!! Keeping us on the tips of our toes!
    Good news is that they have yet to explore third earth, this probably means we see old friends and foes (snowman, hammerhand etc) again!

I feel like a kid again

10. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I like the Merlin-aspect of Jaga.

what was it that Jaga said to be afraid of? probably the reawakening of Mumm-ra!

Also Tygra stands side by side to Lion-o while in the royal chamner, which makes me think the whole brother thing is still in the play

Claudus voice-Larry kenney- sounds much different than when he was voicing Lion-o!!

11. balgus82

Near the end of the trailer It kinda looked to me like there was gonna be a Jaga/Mumm-Ra wizard showdown. That would be baddass.

12. Mark / Grizzlor

Grabbed some screens for everyone! Enjoy: http://on.fb.me/thundercatsnow

[​IMG]

Mumm-Ra (mummy) doesn't look like he has been changed at all, design-wise!

13. Wolf873

Wolf873 Glass Walker

That was unfriggin' believable!!! I love it! Just one minor complaint though, Mumm-Ra sounds too normal, although its just few words we heard him utter, so I can't judge from that piece alone....but it unsettles my mind. Maybe I'm used to the old, raspy voice especially since he looks like his old self.

But I'm pumped....bring it on.

14. balgus82

I thought the same thing. But admittedly we didn't hear much from him.

15. BoloWhip

BoloWhip Vortex Explorer

This has put me more at ease with some changes I didn't like, seems like it will be a completely different show but the storyline looks pretty epic! shame we didn't c more of Grune! ....oh and they has a modern version of an original music piece right at the end :))

16. DarkZomB

DarkZomB Junior Member

OH YEAH!!! Totally psyched!!! I cannot believe it looks so sexy! And Will Freidle Sounded great as Lion-O! I AM TOTALLY STOKED!

17. Thad Boyd

Thad Boyd Junior Member

This has probably been posted elsewhere, but per io9, we've got new casting info: Clancy Brown (another frequent Romano collaborator; he played Lex Luthor on Superman and Justice League) as Grune, and somebody named Robin Atkins-Downs (who I'm not familiar with) as Mumm-Ra.

18. daroga

daroga Moleman

I was scared that they would change the Sword of Omens too much. Those fears were largely undone when we got our first shots from the show.

But to see this, and to hear that the sound effects are at least related to if not in some cases almost exactly the same (when the sword grows during the call to action), has made me very, very excited.

19. -sdp-

-sdp- Junior Member

This trailer did not get me excited unlike the last one. The animation didn't look as good in some parts, the VAs didn't sound great to me either and Mumm-Ra left me disappointed, he's supposed to not be able to do much unless he's in his Everliving mode and he didn't seem particularly creepy. So Slithe is only with lizard mutants? That'd be cool if each of the mutants had their own tribes they stayed with and only teamed up for an episode or two.

20. Mark / Grizzlor

But Mumm-Ra didn't do anything in the trailer...and he doesn't look creepy? He looks EXACTLY like the 80s version. :eek:

As for the voices...except for a couple lines from Claudus and Lion-O, Jaga was the only one I could get an impression from (I didn't like his deep voice). I've viewed that trailer about 20 times...and my volume is up. ;)