WonderCon ThunderCats Trailer!!!!!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Apr 3, 2011.

1. blueeyedkitty

blueeyedkitty Active Member

The lines on him are much sharper and he looks like he has more teeth. He's leaner as well- all of these changes really kind of made me freak out when i saw him- which I'm sure was the intention. :P The eyes look alot more menacing now

2. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

It looked to me like he was changing into his Everliving form at the end, but the cut it off before he did.

I agree that some of the animation wasn't as good. I really wish they would stop trying to combine CG and 2D like that. it NEVER works.

and did anyone notice....Looking at some of the still pictures, Mumm-Ra had pointy elf ears just like Thunderians. Think he might be a former Thunderian this time around instead of Human or whatever he was last time?

3. -sdp-

-sdp- Junior Member

Well to me Mumm-Ra looks pretty damn creepy in the first season of the thundercats, the character design was simplified a bit after season 1 which made him lose some of his creepyness. Here its the same deal, his design is too streamlined, which means it animates better since there is less stuff to keep track off but he also lost part of his intimidating look. I mean the slobber, eyes and slow movement and detail in his rotting flesh really made him stand out which I didn't see in this trailer, only thing I liked is he looks leaner which makes sense if he's a living corpse.

Like I mentioned I was disappointed and didn't like this trailer at all, but its just a trailer I'll keep my opinions until I actually start watching it, I thought the first teaser was amazing so I'm still very well looking forward to the show.

4. Jukka

Jukka Junior Member

I liked it.

A lot. :)

And I also thought that the sound-effects for Sword of Omens were pretty much alike the original ones, right in those scenes where it's growing and/or Lion-O was using "sight beyond sight".

Can't wait for this show.
    To me, looks-wise it has done great job updating the show....in comparison to
    - Turtles (how can you go wrong?)
    - Biker Mice from Mars (horrific update on their looks, imo)
    - He-Man (pretty okay)

5. balgus82

6. Demolisher

Demolisher Moleman

I have to disagree with soem of you guys. How can you say Mumm-ra doesn't look threatening we saw a glimpse of what 2 seconds?!? We didn't even see him in the everliving form (yes we did briefly but I coulden't see much). The whole trailer got dark and creepy once mumm-ra was introduced!

His voice does sound too normal I have to agree but i can't be bothered about that. They seem to have done that to all characters, even slithe sounds more or less normal.

I'm more worreid about the fact that we haven't seen jackelman, monkian and vultureman yet. I'm sure they will feature but I want them to have a big part! Same for panthro.

7. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

I still think it'd be cool if, in the Kingdom of Thundera, there are many mutant-races: the reptilians, jackals, mokians and the cats,all in constant fight with each other.

8. catamountain

catamountain Moleman

i am soooo psyched by this trailer, now if only we knew when us in the UK are going to get it

9. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Tygra doesn't seem bothered for not being the new heir... maybe in Thundera society it's the second child the oone to be. Or maybe he refused to be and decided to be a general or something.

Also, Wilykit and Wilykat seem 2 lost, scared kids that got there in middle of the battle. Maybe they are not TCs at first, but do something later that made them worth of it.

Merged Post:
    You can hear Slythe's voice ;)

Merged Post:
    Mmmm... might be, something in the Gollum being a former hobbit thing.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  10. Wolf873

Wolf873 Glass Walker

That's exactly what passed through my mind ;). It wouldn't be a bad twist either, Mumm-Ra being a 1000 year old, mummified Thunderian. In fact, it would make more sense for him to have a vendetta against the Thundercats.

11. willowmoon93

willowmoon93 New Member

Looks pretty decent so far! But it does look like they are straying away from the original 80's series when it comes to a lack of on-screen violence in this incarnation. I'm also kinda curious to see if they will have the moral discussions at the end of each episode or not. I could see the possibility of them doing the denouements for maybe the first few actual episodes or so and then gradually going away from it altogether to forge their own "identity."

The main thing I'm hoping for is simply this: no Lunataks.

12. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

I'd sooner Mumm-Ra be related in some way to the Mutant race, and his figure tag line can be 'Evil Mutant Leader'

I also hope they explore the Ancient Spirits of Evil being an ancient race of Mutants like was hinted at in the original :)

13. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

It will spoil the whole Good VS Evil theme and their perennial battle. I certainly won't like to think Mumm-Ra was once a Thunderian.

The wildstorm comics back in 2005 gave a plausible explanation about his origin. I liked that aspect better.

btw, he doesn't look much changed from his original look. The wear of time had little effect on the Ancient demon priest:mummra::thumbsup:

14. Omen_reader

Omen_reader Junior Member

Well, we have seen Thunderians can and do go bad in both series, Grune comes to mind. I thought it would be funny if Mum-ra's original identidy if he was a T-cat originally would be.... PUMM-RA! (Nice nod to the old series!) :D

15. balgus82

How does it spoil the Good Vs Evil theme? He's still evil. Grune was once a Thundercat too and he's one of the biggest villains in the old series.

Speaking of Grune: did anyone notice Grune is still with Claudus before the battle when he is giving his "Fight like cats" speech?

16. lostdwarf

lostdwarf Vortex Explorer

forgive me for my absense recently. I just watched the Wondercon trailer and i'm a lil confused and I aplogize if someone brought this up already.

From what it looks like to me is Third Earth before it was destroyed. At the beginning of the old series Lion-O is a mere child and the rest of the cats are regular age.

If Lion-O was a child when Third Earth was destroyed how is it possible for him to be an adult in the new series?

I may have things completely messed up in my head and forgive me if I do but i'm really confused right now. :confused:

17. denali76

denali76 Junior Member

if tygra and lion-o are brothers than that means tygra isn't a true tiger, he's a liger. since ligers tend to be oversized in our world maybe the same holds true on middle earth. if that's the case then lion-o may in fact be older than tygra. so lion-o would be the true heir.
    or maybe a tiger can't lead the "pride" it has to be a lion. in that case tygra could be the older of the 2. maybe claudius had a love child but was forced by tradition to produce a true heir that's a full 100% lion. that could cause alot of resentment between tygra and lion-o. which would add something really interesting to the new show.
    Merged Post:
    this show and it's setting is all new. forget about the older show and it's history this show is totally different and is not connected to the other show. this not a reboot but reimagining of thundercats.

18. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

The narrator says in the beginning that Lion-O was prophesied in the book to be the chosen one to fight against the ancient spirits of evil. So I don't think it has anything to do with lineage, ie. Tygra being older than Lion-O.

Also, could the book that was spoken about be the Book of Omens? It makes sense that it would be the Book of Omens :)

19. The narration is from the episode named 'Sword of Omens-Part 1'. I have the script, its superbly written. Very pleased that the essence of the original theme tune was there too

20. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

OMG.. Watched that over and over.. Lol

Amazing...

Mummras voice does have the agey sound if you listen very carefully.. But it echoes alot.. And the mummra/thunderian theories is a superb twist. I wouldnt complain one bit if they went that way.

i love everything about it... Even Jagas new voice.. Sounds alot like Tony Jay.. Awesome...

I dont have a bad thing to say... :D

Merged Post:
    p.s it would be soooooo good if we here Larry as Claudius awaken the sword as he wields it.... thunder thunder thunder thundercats hoooooo