WonderCon ThunderCats Trailer!!!!!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Mark / Grizzlor, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Wolf873

Wolf873 Glass Walker

O yes, that would be great. Before the sword is passed onto Lion-O, let Larry have a shot at saying those memorable words :thumbsup:.

As to the question of those insignias being blank, I think the logo would only appear when Lion-O calls for aid...thunder thunder thing. It makes sense, and can actually be useful if the signal is not visible to every Cat.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  2. Myonara

Myonara Glass Walker

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the brother thing still supposition at this point? If memory serves, it was not unusual for cousins or trusted advisers or body guards to also be on the dais with the royal family.

3. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I wouldn't like that. Honestly right now the jewels just plain look empty without the symbol.

4. Atharun

Atharun Junior Member

One thing I thought was interesting was Jaga at the end sending those "Elite Guard/Priest" looking warrior after Mumm-Ra with the 'To the death" line. it was also neat to see the sword stored in the claw when Claudus was wearing it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  5. denali76

denali76 Junior Member

yes lion-o may be prophesied to be the chosen one but he still may have already been in line for the throne. being the chosen one could just be another "burden" for the heir.
    it seems likely that tygra is older than lion-o and i could be totally wrong and tygra is the intended heir to the throne until lion-o unsurps him because he's the chosen one. i guess will see how it plays out.

6. Kameinu

Kameinu Mutant

Trailer got me even more pumped for the new show. Claudus sounds great! Leave it to Mr. Kenny to deliver.

Jaga doesn't sound bad either, nor does Lion-O.

And it's all a prophecy? Why do I get the feeling they may do something we don't normally see with the prophecy concept in the long run..

7. balgus82

balgus82 Thunderian Legend

I dont think Lion-O has "usurped" Tygra at all. There seems to be no animosity between them from what I can see and It has already been said that the battle between them we saw in the first trailer was part of the Anointment trials.

8. Purrsia

Purrsia Moderator

I'm not sure if anyone has posted screen caps from this trailer yet, but I managed to download a nice copy of the vid and take caps from that. the full sized are big enough to make wallpapers out of, me thinks. I've uploaded them to an image gallery (along with some older pics from the earlier trailer) if anyone wants to have a look:
    http://www.thundercatsfans.org/tcshow/gallery/index.php?cat=8

Also, guests should be able to view more than just a thumbnail now :) Managed to figure out how to change that setting!

9. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Very nice screen caps Purrsia, i've already used one as a wallpaper for my desktop! and they look marvelous

Thanks a lot!:thumbsup::liono

10. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I completely agree and can't wait to hear the other voices. :thumbsup:

11. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

I thought Joaquim Dos Santos was the animation director for the new series and not Dan Norton ( JDS has better quality animation IMO)

12. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

yeah i thought that too but his name isn't mentioned anymore.

Here is an interesting update page on IMDB concerning the New series:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1666278/

Also, Tod Casey is credited as one of the writers of the show.

13. Endorx

Endorx Rampager

Copyrights f'in GAY

14. PKELL

PKELL Barbarian

That.....was.....AWESOME!!!!

We got our first look at Slythe!! That made me happy!

Overall, it looks like they are totally going all out with this series and I can't wait.

15. Movie-Brat

Movie-Brat Berserker

Dude, this is epic beyond words. Well, you can say a few words to describe it but still, it looks friggin' cool! :)

16. Coptur

Coptur Berbill

i've only watched it without sound but i like what i've seen so far.

Mumm-Ra/Thunderian theory doesn't disappoint me.

The logos without the cat insignia do look a bit bare, but looking as the Grune figure he has the two headed snake like mumm-ra.

Different mutants armies is understandable and I hope Monkian and Jackelman get 'real' names and have Jackelman as the title of the jackelmen leader or something like that.

17. BleachOD

BleachOD Junior Member

Funny I thought he sounded like Lion-O and now that I heard him. It makes me wish he was voicing Lion-O in the WB reboot

I thought Jaga looked a lot like himself

I love the new designs!!! :thumbsup:

18. CodeofThundera

CodeofThundera Moderator

This is my first post. I tried to post in the forum asking us to introduce ourselves and it told me I didn't have permission to create a new thread.

Anyway...

I watched the new trailer and it made me more excited about the show than how I felt after the first trailer. After the first trailer I kept thinking, "I hope they don't ruin the show with this new cartoon." I'm actually excited about some of the changes I'm hearing, although there is still apart of me that's afraid they're going to ruin it.

I think Mumm-Ra looks similar but I think he looks more menacing in this version.

I don't like all the ThunderCats having skinny noses. A little too feminine for some of the male ThunderCats, I think. I'm pretty sure lions and tigers have broad noses.

I do not like Cheetara's new look. The hair cut and skimpy clothes makes her look like she has a questionable occupation. :eek: Personal opinion.

I do like the epic feel. I like that it has more of a fantasy than a sci-fi feel to it.

I did like that the close-up of Slithe made him look a lot like the original.

I do not like Snarf's look.

I loved hearing Lion-O's voice coming out of Claudus! Such a soothing voice. :D

I think it's cool that Will Friedle is voicing Lion-O. He's about my age so I imagine he grew up liking the show the same time I did and is probably very stoked about this role. I know I'd be stoked if I got to voice a character in this show.

I think the Thunderkittens look really young. I'm wondering what they're role is going to be in this version.

The trailer leaves me wanting more! :thumbsup: