Woolworths 2 page Thundercats ad. Chapter 1 and Chapter 2

Discussion in 'Vintage Collectables' started by Illudius, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Illudius

Illudius New Member

I found a couple of Thundercats Woolworth adverts I forgot I owned. They are UK Magazine size and feature 3 sides of Thundercats comic story in a standard comic panel layout with the 4th side being a Woolworths advert for Thundercats toys. I found a picture of the chapter 1 version but not the chapter 2. I think they are from the mid 1980s. Does anyone know much about these, in particular if the story a reprint from a comic or is it original?

https://imgur.com/a/xngKT

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    Thundergod, Mark M and shortfuse like this.
  2. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

It would help if you post pictures of these adverts and the comic. Then perhaps someone can identify them and give more information about them. :)

3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I haven’t seen those before but it’s very cool! Does it say who the artist is?

4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Thanks for sharing the images. :thumbsup I'm not sure but I think this Comic/Advert was one of the items that members of the Woolworths Kids' Club received on a regular basis. Back in the 80s when ThunderCats was at its peak and Woolworths was one of the stores that sold their toys/merchandise in the UK, they had also started a kids club which kids would join and get regular goodies mailed to them such as ThunderCats magazines, comics, gifts, promotions etc.

5. Illudius

Illudius New Member

I'm afraid not. I have another different story one with a very similar style which says that it is Script by Furman and Art by Parkhouse so I assume it's probably them.

adssse likes this.
  6. Illudius

Illudius New Member

Cheers. I do remember picking them up from a Woolworths store so they may have been an in shop promotional item, or it may have been as you say the kids club and they were mailing it out from the stores rather than a central location.

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Simon Furman and Steve Parkhouse.

shortfuse and adssse like this.
  8. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Good to know! Thank you both.

9. Thundergod

Thundergod Moleman

Great piece..a little comic I'll need to find and add to my collection...i see this is number 2, so two new items to hunt for...love it thanks for share