Worst Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by hammy0924, Jul 6, 2012.

1. hammy0924

hammy0924 Ultimate No-Life

I kind of missed out on that craze by a few years. I'm kinda glad too.

Another one to add is Catwoman. Worst superhero movie ever. Sure Green Lantern was awful but this wasn't even enjoyable in the least bit.

2. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Forgot about Dragon Wars! Yeah, that was pretty horrid. The only good part was the big battle scene in the middle of the movie, and even then that sort of looked like a video game cutscene. If it only consisted of that one scene, it would have been pretty cool. Unfortunately there was another 90 or so minutes wrapped around it.:p

Also mentioning the D&D movie made me think of In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Adventure. That was directed by Uwe Boll. And pretty much any Uwe Boll movie deserves mention on this thread!

3. hammy0924

You made my Uwe Boll nightmares return. Thank you, sir :p. The worst part is he thinks he's God's gift to cinema.

4. DonPatch

DonPatch Junior Member

Drag Me to Hell
    Both Fantastic 4 movies
    Woman in Black
    The Devil Inside

These are a few more I just thought of that weren't that great.

5. hammy0924

Were you with me when I watched Drag Me to Hell? I remember someone else being there and thinking it was terrible too. Anyway, I thought the Fantastic Four movies were just average. They definitely weren't the worst superhero movies. The Woman in Black was just overhyped and the story was a letdown in the end. Never seen The Devil Inside, but Devil by M. Night Shyamalan was awful (along with every other movie he made besides The Sixth Sense).

6. The_everliving

The_everliving Junior Member

Dragonball evolution
    Spider-man 3
    Batman & Robin
    The last Airbender
    X3: The last stand

7. hammy0924

I didn't think Spider-Man 3 was bad, and Batman and Robin was enjoyably/hilariously bad in my opinion.

8. The_everliving

The_everliving Junior Member

To me I hated how they made peter emo and they did venom so wrong. I mean I went to the movie expecting this "We will eat your brains spider-man!"

9. hammy0924

I guess it's been awhile, but I expected "hey, another Spider-Man movie". I thought the first and second were better, but never saw it as an awful movie, or even mediocre.

10. MarianaTCdreams

MarianaTCdreams Barbarian

I'll add one unpopular movie (it's really a documentary type): Fat Head. It was a response to Super Size Me, in which a person ate three square meals of McDonald's food every day for one month. Anyway, the main person in Fat Head criticized Super Size Me, but in a hate-filled, biased manner. I didn't watch the entire thing because I disliked the presentation of the criticism too much, though.

11. hammy0924

I also thought John Carter was pretty bad, but I only saw a few bits and pieces of it. Definitely one of the worst Disney movies I've seen, and the box office showed that.

12. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

I'd take issue with you on John Carter. But since you really only saw a few scenes of it, it's understandable. Also I think maybe you might feel differently if you had been a lifelong reader of the original books like I have. I felt they did a pretty faithful adaptation all things considered.

Also the first Transformers movie was pretty good, IMO. I'll give you the last two, though.

As with everything, taste is subjective.

13. hammy0924

I've heard the books are great, and I really do want to read them. I just thought the movie wasn't very good (I just watched it in full). It just didn't do much for me. Apparently there was another adaptation of the book called Princess Of Mars that came out a few years earlier that was absolutely awful, but I've never seen it.

14. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

How could you say The Room is a horrible movie. Its one of those movies that it is so aweful, that its so good. I think Ive watched The Room a dozen times.

C'mon you know that deep down you absolutely love the first two movies. C'mon...Manos and Plan 9 are classics!!!!!

15. Lord Slithor

Lord Slithor Mutant

Ha ha! Yeah, I do. They're bad, though in that train wreck, "It's-horrible-but-I-can't-look-away," sense. And they're both movies where, as bad as they are, they're still fun. Though when I first saw Manos, I felt the same way Mike and the 'Bots did in that it was the worst thing they had ever seen!

Also, relating to the DVD thread, Spawn was really awful! The only saving grace was that it contained this dialogue exchange...

Jessica Priest (on seeing Spawn): "Aren't you a little early for Halloween?"

Spawn: "Where you're goin', every day is Halloween!"

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  16. Lady Ocelli

Lady Ocelli Shadowspy

I'm surprised no one's mentioned "The Human Centipede". I was grossed out just hearing the description alone. :mad:

17. DonPatch

DonPatch Junior Member

Who could forget about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

18. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

Worst Movies I have seen they are not in any order.

Dragon wars
    Dragon ball evolution
    Cars movies ( now PIXAR IS MAKING PLANES WTF!!)
    The hills have eyes the remake
    Charley and the chocolate factory the remake
    The Human Centipede
    The ring 2
    All the movies after Saw 1
    Spider man 3
    Troll 2
    cat woman
    Alone in the Dark
    Birdemic
    Mulan 2

19. hammy0924

Oh god help us all! Everyone loved those movies and they were absolute garbage.

20. whiskers D:<

whiskers D:< Barbarian

In the year 2025 Disney pixar's new move" iPads"