Would you guys be interested in a re-watch of the 2011 series?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Rizefall, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

UPDATED:
    Hello everyone!

I just wanted to share something with all of you here today.

Me and a couple of other users on "Thundercatslair" have decided to re-watch the 2011 series while also putting up episode discussions. It's meant to be a way to watch the series again at a reasonable pace (2 episodes a week) while also being able to discuss it with fellow fans.

No spoilers are allowed. I'm certain that must of the people that will join this stunt have already seen it perhaps once, twice or even more, but the whole point is to see it from the beginning like when it first aired back in 2011.

So if anyone of you are interested come and check out the episode discussions every Sunday for the next 3-4 months and join us in this endeavour.

ORIGINAL POST AS FOLLOWS:

I'm very interested in re-watching the show again. Last time i watched it was when it first aired and i followed it every week.

Binge watching it alone would be fine but it's more fun doing it with others and discuss it at the same time. I'd be happy to bring the episode threads together if possible, if not a forum admin would like to join us on this stunt.

So my idea is that we perhaps watch 1-2 episodes a week depending on how fast you guys want to go through it. We then discuss the episodes and if you don't remember, we also discuss what we might happen, how we think the series has aged and what not.

Before we start I'd like to check and see if there is any interest. Anyone?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Luckinekolives and Mark M like this.
  2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I would be interested! I seem to be in the minority of being a fan of both new and old Thundercats.

3. Rizefall

That's one!

Same here. I love both of them. While both of the shows have flaws i still think they are great in their own aspects.

4. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

I´m already watching it!!

5. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

I've tried to re watch it twice and I can't get more than half way through. After Panthro gets his new arms the show quickly devolves and I lose interest.

Gerrit likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I woulbe interested in re-watching it and having a good discussion about it.

7. Rizefall

Oh that's a bummer! Good for you though :)
    It's a little silly but i still think the story in the upcoming episodes are great.
    Great! That's two with a total of three.

Luckinekolives, Mark M and TMNachoT like this.
  8. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Poor Panthro, didn´t like what happened to his arms, but that didn´t stop me to watch the toon, i really like it. and yes, we can have a discussion for every episode.

Luckinekolives likes this.
  9. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

It's not just what happened to his arms, after that he was too much of the comic relief. It's many of the other aspects of the show too. I just used that as an example of where about in the run it all starts to fall apart for me. The love triangle stuff, and meandering plot, as well as some lame comedy ruin it for me.

I'd be up for discussing the early episodes though.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    Gerrit and Mark M like this.
  10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I didn't think it was a great Thundercats series but overall it was a good series and did have some very good episodes.

11. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Everytime I watched tv it's always Mlp and TMNT this and Mlp and TMNT that! It's like ThunderCats is a footnote, and no one cares...

12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The reason everyone went on about MLP and TMNT is that both shows connected with audiences with wonderful stories and interesting and likeable characters. Thundercats 2011 couldn't compete against either of them in those departments.

13. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

Well that's true, but ThunderCats deserves more than that,
    The series should be celebrated....

14. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

I guess there's just no justice in the world....

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

We can all celebrate it by re-watching it. I really can't wait for all of us to discuss each episode.

16. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

And all we need is more supporters to revive this obscure reboot to Netflix

TMNachoT likes this.
  17. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

What´s MLP?

18. Luckinekolives

Luckinekolives Berbill

My little Pony..

19. TMNachoT

TMNachoT Crabman

Oh, ok. Cheers!

20. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Just so you know to be specific the show is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.

TMNachoT likes this.