Would you guys be interested in a re-watch of the 2011 series?

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (2011)' started by Rizefall, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Rizefall

Rizefall Swedish Meatball

Sounds great!

I've put together the actual post now for Sunday. Hope you like the way it looks!

2. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Agreed. It may take a conscious effort at times to not take into account what we know but discussing it with it being our first viewing in mind should be the goal.

3. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Sounds good. Pretend we're all watching it for the first time again.

Reminds me of a little project I did about 10yrs ago. I've been a big Beatles fan for as long as I can remember, and in 2006 I decided I wanted to feel something equivalent to what the kids in the 1960s felt when they heard the Fab Four for the first time. So I first of all "prepared my ears" by listening as exclusively as possible to music from the 1950s (obviously I couldn't cover my ears when I was out, but when at home it was all Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis etc). It worked. Once I'd gone through all the rock & roll acts in my collection, I finally started listening to The Beatles' back catalogue. I spent three days on each album, listening to it 3-4 times. It really gave me a feel for just how much the music world changed in that decade. It made me really appreciate the huge steps forward taken in certain albums especially.

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I know what you mean. I remember a few years back taking a break from listening to all my favourite bands for several months.