'WTF' moments in Thundercats eps.

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Mitts, Jul 28, 2006.

1. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Agreed. All these female characters deserved their own figures. Equally, they should have made a Turmagar figure, rather than just a generic Tuska.

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

But the battle armour the Tuska is wearing is more interesting than what Turmagar wore.
    In fairness to Bucky O'Hare, Bravestarr and Galaxy Rangers they were going to make the hero female characters in their second series of toys, but sadly they didn't last that long to get released. I seen Nikko's prototype on Ebay a couple years ago but it was very expensive. Some of the unpackaged Jenny prototypes can still be bought in places, but pretty expensive.

Daremonger likes this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Couldn't agree more. Maybe Mattel will step up with one.

Daremonger likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

In "The Mossland Monster," there's the inconsistency of the Sword of Omens' length. It's in longblade mode when it slices the monster's arms, and Lion-O shrinks it back to dagger mode and uses it to create a rocky barrier for the monster which he breaks easily. Next, the sword is again in longblade mode when Lion-O commands it to take the ThunderTank upwards.

Mark M likes this.
  5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I was doing some research and there is a surprising 80's toyline that actually beats G.I. Joe in terms of female characters. G.I. Joe had 6x female characters in the Real American Hero line.
    However Gobots had 7x characters! Well one is a Rocklord but Gobots and Rocklords are the same line.

Daremonger likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

If I recall correctly there is a similar mistake in 'Berbils'. As the sword is falling into the volcano and Lion-O speaks to Jaga. The sword is shown falling in its small form then on a close up it has the hilt curled like when it is fully extended.

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

I noticed that.

8. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Really? I only recall three female Gobots (GoBots like in Leader One and Cy-Kill, right?)

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  9. Tygra_Rules

Besides, wasn't the SoIO used to kill (the monster) in this episode? I mean, the Mossland Monster was a nature living creature after all.

Daremonger likes this.
  10. Daremonger

It was indeed used to kill the monster.

11. Tygra_Rules

Doesn't that contradict the SoO then? Also Jaga's words in "Unholly Alliance" (I think that was the ep).

Daremonger likes this.
  12. Daremonger

I believe it does.

13. Tygra_Rules

I think that was the only "killed" character in the whole series (not counting the Living Ooze, which Mandora dissolved with her secret weapon: soap lo)

Daremonger likes this.
  14. Daremonger

Yet in "Lord of the Snows," the Living Ooze is suddenly alive. It even is mentioned in "Snarf Takes Up the Challenge."

15. Tygra_Rules

Another "WTF?" moment?

Or maybe it regenerated again somehow?

LiamABC and Daremonger like this.
  16. Daremonger

A crossover fanfic I'm writing that features the season-one ThunderCats characters and those from Punky Brewster declares the ooze dead.

Tygra_Rules likes this.
  17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yes, those Gobots.
    Female Guardians- Pathfinder, Sparky and Smallfoot.
    Female Renegades- Crasher, Vamp and Snoop. (Vamp was also released in the 6" super series)
    Female Rocklords- Solitaire.
    On a side note, these toys were already made before the TV show, it was Hanna Barberra's decision to make them female. I have no idea if they were female in the original Japanese cartoon.

Daremonger likes this.
  18. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The Living Ooze is in Lord of Snows???????? I need to re-watch that episode.

Daremonger likes this.
  19. Tygra_Rules

I remembered Pathfinder, Crasher (of course) and Vamp; none of the other 3. Thank you. Looking for them in Google Images, I remembered Smallfoot (but always thought it was a "he")

Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  20. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

We see the meteor zooming past it.

Daremonger and Mark M like this.