'WTF' moments in Thundercats eps.

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Mitts, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Tygra_Rules

Tygra_Rules Thunderian Legend

Indeed.

Daremonger likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I used to think that as well but then I heard them refer to her as she in The Battle of the Rocklords movie. I only seen a few episodes of Gobots growing up along with the movie.
    Snoop is probably the coolest toy of the bunch. A Japanese company is making some Transformers Masterpiece style toys based on Gobots/Robo Machines late this year/ early next year.

Daremonger likes this.
  3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

There's the "Out of Sight" episode where the Mutants have ordinary weapons that shoot lasers. I think that they could've used actual laser blasters for that episode. LOL. :P

4. Tygra_Rules

I just watched "Tumagar the Tuska" and found another thing that doesn't make sense.

After Tygfra fell to the ocean (it has been vastly discussed if it was because he couldn't swim or if he was still mesmerized by the vampire mermaid, so I won't go into that), the vampire mermaid (VM for short) goes after him. It was not after a few seconds that Lion-O jumped to the water, followed by Cheetara. We see scenes of the VM apporaching Tygra and Lion-O looking for them. This is what doesn't makes sense:

Tygra is off just floating/sinking in the water. The VM spotted him and swims towards him, with all the speed and ability a sea creature should have. Lion-O is a little late, and he even takes some time to fight a sea snake. And even with all that, Lion-O arrives in time to prevent the VM getting her claws on Tygra. The VM should have got him way before Lion-O arrived (given that Tygra didn't seim away from her and that Lion-O a) was behind her, b) shouldn't swim as fast as the VM and c) got into a fight with a snake, which delayed him). It would have been interesting -and more logical- to see the VM getting Tygra and taking him to a cave or something, and then Lion-O finding her and chasing her.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    ThunderECH, LiamABC and adssse like this.
  5. Lion-O-hearted

Lion-O-hearted Junior Member

Here is one from "The Tower of Traps": It involves the scenes where Lion-O and Wilykit are at the staircase. Wilykit climbs it and gets stuck on a step that has some type of goo on it. Then Lion-O jumps onto the staircase and slips. As they attempt to straighten themselves up, the entire staircase folds up and they cleanly slide all of the way to the bottom. So what happened to the step that had the goo on it? Wouldn't they have gotten stuck (or in Wilykit's case, stuck again) on that step? Or if they did make it to the bottom, wouldn't they have had some part of their clothing and/or fur ripped from them on the way down? Or at least had some of the goo on them when they made it back down?

ThunderECH and LiamABC like this.
  6. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Crabman

Perfectly summed up. To this day, this episode absolutely disgusts me. I wasn't so bothered about the Lunatacs treatment, as I firstly didn't even see them until adulthood anyway (Tcats season 2+ was never aired in UK) and secondly felt no attachment to them as characters, having arrived late in the day and in my opinion, being a bit of a joke anyway. The Mutants however...oh the Mutants...such legends, in the show since day one, the original foes to the Tcats, their never ending quest to possess the Eye of Thundera! How DARE they do that to them! It was a complete and utter slap in the face.

Peter Lawrence in quoted in the 'Hear The Roar' book as getting a bit bored with the show after 100 episodes, so I think he indulged William Overgard more and more in response, and allowed him to write such a risible and pathetically crud episode, by far the worst in the series! Lawrence also decided to eliminate Tygra from the show because he personally didn't like him or writing for him, not caring whether or not the kids watching loved him. Tygra, living alone on Third Earth (at the Tower no less, not Cats Lair), what the hell is he supposed to do all day?? Play Poker with the Wollos? Ditto Pumyra but she hadnt been around as long. Very angering times after the classic first season. I'm glad I was spared it as a child

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    LiamABC likes this.
  7. Tygra_Rules

Don't make me start on the mistreat and misrespect towards Tygra :mad

If anyone, it should have been the three new TCs that stayed o Third Earth. Or at least set a rotation system. Or at the very very least do not rebult the Tower of Omens (which Mumm-Ra destroyed in "The Last Day" and it had no sense at all to rebuild it), and leave Tygra and Pumyra together at the Lair.

LiamABC likes this.
  8. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Crabman

Yeah, I mean why would Tygra have an issue with all his trusted friends and allies upping and leaving for their home planet while he has to stay behind, the normal reaction would of course be to happily accept it, having no desire to go back to Thundera unless he's 'visiting'. Real nonsense move there, the show suffers with no Tygra, arguably the backbone of the series.

9. LiamABC

LiamABC Thunderian Legend

Quite. Peter Lawrence has defended this decision by saying "nobody cared about Tygra" - which is rubbish. Firstly, he has always had a strong fan following, and secondly, even if the writers didn't care about him, well, they could always have made him more interesting to their own minds, it was their job to care about all the characters.

While it's easy to blame Overgard for his ridiculous episodes later in the series, it was still Peter Lawrence who let them pass.

Wilycub, Captain Shiner and Mark M like this.
  10. Tygra_Rules

Also, how did the TCs managed to breathe in space ("Sword in a Hole") or under water ("Fireballs of Plun-Darr", "The Spaceship beneath the Sands", "Turmagar the Tuska", etc) for such a long time?

The worst is "Turmagar the Tuska", where even if Cheetara and Lion-O managed to tkae deep breathe and dive, Tygra was unconsciouswhen he fell to the water. Even if the Vampire Mermaid never got to sink her fangs on him, he should have drowned (he was not maing any effort to keep some air in his lungs).

LiamABC likes this.
  11. Daremonger

There's the second-season episode "The Sound Stones," where Vultureman acted out of character and Snarfer explained the history of the stones themselves. Thankfully the Sword of Omens wasn't a deus ex machina in that episode. Then there's the "Formula" episode that featured Slithe flying the Nosediver in the sky when it's actually a ground vehicle. Also in that episode, the sword didn't fix anything.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    LiamABC likes this.
  12. Captain Shiner

Captain Shiner Crabman

Plenty of occasions where the Nosediver is seen flying higher than it should, I'm pretty sure it does in Sixth Sense which I just watched.

I don't like it when Snarf's eyes flash as if it he is a Thundercat. I know they say he's one, and he's sort of an honorary one, but the fact is he isn't Thunderian, he's a Snarf, and he CANNOT be a Thundercat.

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Daremonger

I know, right? It doesn't make sense for Snarf's eyes to glow when he sees the ThunderCat signal.