Your favorite song of ALL TIME thread.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Off Topic' started by Vintage, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Hey everybody!

First, I remember we have a nice thread about "what kind of music you like" here.

Since nowadays we have You Tube and I just learn how to post You Tube videos here at TLC.org, I wanted to start a nice thread where you can share what is your favorite song of all time.

The one that may have echoed in a special moment, one that was present in your wedding, the one you still hear all the time, anything!

I know everybody loves lots of songs,
    but for this thread to work you will have the very difficult task of choosing ONLY ONE
    , the best of the bests! This is to avoid one member to post "top 3" and other "top 5". You can write also why this song is special to you! :)

Think wise!

It will be even better if there is a video of that song on You Tube, so you can post the video-clip here!

If you have any trouble on posting the videos, please read this thread.

Ladies & gentlemen, let's begin:

Vintage's favorite song of all time: The Outfield - Your Love (1985)

[youtube]CgfSzuFD8rw[/youtube]

Why: I love the 80's. I have an extensive list of 80's music hits and I simply love the sonority of this decade. It is also the decade I was a kid and I remember that every weekend I went from the center of Rio de Janeiro to ItaipuaƧu with my family and the radio was always on, playing those marvelous songs! This one has always been one of my favorites! The tune, the lyrics, the vibration, the chorus! It has everything!

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  2. thunderkittensmom

thunderkittensmom Active Member

This is a very tough question....gotta keep thinking about this one :cheetaraveryhappy:

I already narrowed it down to 13 songs, but I just can't decide which one is the ALL TIME favourite. I guess I need some more time :duh:

Nadja

3. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

I dunno but it would also be something from the 80s as well because imo it was the best decade for music! :)

4. Vintage

Vintage Glass Walker

Hey thunderkittensmom and Bengali!

Yes, it is tough! The winner, "The Outfield" won with not so much advantage! The runner-ups were also from the 80's, "Cutting Crew - Just died in your arms" and "A-ha - Take on me". :)

Looking forward to see your replies!

5. Bengali

Bengali Rampager

Oh yes, thats one of my favorites of all time! I'm a huge fan of SynthPop...Especially Depeche Mode style :)

6. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Very tough question!

I think my personal favorite song would have to be Iris by Goo Goo Dolls...but I'm not sure if it's my all-time favorite. I chose Iris because it was the first time I heard a song that connected with me. Amazing song it was...and still is. :)

7. Diego

Diego Moleman

One most people probably havn't heard of. But i'd have to go with Tony Harnell - It dosn't matter.

8. Hmm tough one..again it would be from the 80s id prob say Dirty Diana by michael jackson and the song from rocky IV where hes in the car driving "no easy way out". Really good upbeat fast tempo songs with rhythm and good lyrics.

9. Diego

Diego Moleman

Eh, I'm tied, just thought of Ben E King's Stand by me.

10. slideyfoot

slideyfoot Junior Member

As I recently had a good think for a top 3, that makes this question easier. My pick would probably be the Swedish queens and kings of danceable cheese, ABBA, and specifically their song, 'Super Trouper'.

I grew up on ABBA, as my mother used to play them in the car on the way to school. I also remember my sister and I dancing around in my bedroom to a 70s tape, and the ABBAness has continued ever since as I now get a lift to work from my mum in the car (and guess what album she tends to play?).

The lyrics are pretty nonsensical, based around a type of flashlight, apparently, but in keeping with the usual ABBA thinking, the words weren't picked for their stunning insight, but rather because they sounded good coupled with the music (for a case in point, see 'Chiquitita'). As a whole, the song is beautiful, Agnetha and Frida (or if you prefer, Anni-Frid) blending perfectly, against a shimmering melody and rumbling beat. Gorgeous.

For ABBA, I could also have gone for 'Lay All Your Love On Me' (with the excellently garbled line that, due to the heavy Swedish accent, sounds like 'all your emulsion'), a track that the liner notes tell me lay the groundwork for synth-disco type stuff in the 80s. Alternately, I might have chosen 'The Winner Takes It All', which unusually for ABBA, does have a powerful message (or depressing message, if you're my gf, who dislikes the song for that reason). But that would be cheating, as I only get one. ;)

Although according to my last.fm, these are my top 5 in terms of plays since July 2007:

[​IMG]

11. Rath Montchar

Rath Montchar Moleman

Right now, I'd have to say it's The Oath by KISS.

It is featured on their album Music from the Elder. The Elder is a concept album that tells the story of a boy chosen by a higher order to become their champion against evil(like the Green Lantern Corps; Shazam and He-Man and She-Ra).

And this next part is strictly my interpretation...

During The Oath, the bad guy, Mr Blackwell is winning and all hope is lost when the boy gets it into his head that he's the only one who can stop him and calls upon the power to become the champion and battle Blackwell. The memorable lyrics go like this:

I gave my word and gained a key,
    I gave my heart and I set it free,
    There is no turning back from this odyssey,
    And I wonder...
    Is this really me?
    Like the blade of a sword I am forged in flames!

And for those of you who might be curious, the Champion and Blackwell do battle in a song called I. "I believe in something more than you can understand...yes I believe in me!"

As I said, right now, my favorite is still The Oath.

12. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

Moonlight Feels Right by Starbuck!

[youtube]LK4yG1zKBVg[/youtube]

Any song that can use a xylophone solo as a bridge and make it work is alright by me! Its one of the most well crafted pop tunes of the 70's.

Makes me think of Tygra crusing in a '76 Corvette! :tygra:

13. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

I dont know but the song Baby Come Back (1978 ) by Player has been a favorite of mine as of late. I started listening to it more and more after I heard it on Transformers. Great song I tell you...enjoy the video by the way

[youtube]Hn-enjcgV1o&rel[/youtube]

14. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

That just gave me an awesome thread idea!

15. Originalthundercatroar

Originalthundercatroar Vortex Explorer

I saw! I don't know if you'll all agree, but that's just my opinion.

And thank you, whoever put the video in my post. I do really and truly love that song! :cheetaraveryhappy: :tygra:

16. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

that waas me 8)

17. Best song... I'd probably have to go for Guns 'N' Roses' "You could be mine". There are definitely a lot of good songs out there but somehow the stuff you really love as kid that sticks with you later on :p