– The cat symbol on the sword eye is painted with very thin black paint, which is prone to wear away on loose swords. Try to find a sword with minimal paint loss
– When packaged to the card, on some swords, the tag was placed around the blade which sometimes caused a dint in the blade (blade is made of soft plastic) So if a dint is present, this is not necessarily play damage.
– The light up mechanism on the sword is often found to be no longer working on many loose swords. Be sure to ask the vendor if the toy is in full working condition before buying.
– Try your best to find a sword complete with the battery cap. It can be really hard to pick up the cap on it’s own! You might also find a seperate battery cap that has a snug fit on your sword.
– Finally, REMOVE the battery when not in use! It’s very easy to forget to do this. You don’t want the battery leaking and ruining the terminals inside your sword!