‘Justice League Action’: First Look At DC Comics-Based Cartoon Network Series

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Wilycub, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

shortfuse, Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

This looks to be a great show. :D

Daremonger and Wilycub like this.
  3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

That's what I think too! :) Lately, DC have been more successful at portraying their superheroes correctly in the cartoons than their movies.

I just saw a new pic of the upcoming Justice League movie, and in it Superman is smiling and the pic itself has more color. Looks like DC are now finally realizing that the whole "overly dark and gritty" approach doesn't work for characters like Superman. Too little too late if you ask me! ;)
    [​IMG]

4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

DC's cartons were always great. Batman The Animated Series/ New Adventures/ Batman Beyond, Superman, Justice League/ Unlimited and even their direct animated movies.

Yeah Suicide Squad, Justice League and Wonder Woman all look a lot more colourful, cheerful and funny. I really hope this starts some good movies for DC's characters as I like them just as much as Marvel's characters.

Wilycub and Daremonger like this.
  5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

This is a really awesome poster. :)

6. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

No it's not. WHERE IS MARTIAN MANHUNTER!?

Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I don't know if he's he's gonna be featured in the film.

8. grumpykat

grumpykat Active Member

liking this trailer for the new toon. a nice marriage of the old CN JL and Batman: Brave and the Bold, plus it going for the short form route which is a plus in my opinion if they want to grab the attention, love it or hate it, of today's kids.

As for that movie poster, yeah it's nice and all but hopefully it represents the culmination of all the heroes going through their "growing pains" in the new JL and their respective solo movies ending in JL 2, and not a drastic change in the new JL movie into a 'carbon copy Marvel formula' with its' tone and jokes.
    Can you see it now: the team going out for gyros at the end of the movie after a hard, fought battle and then hanging out at Wayne's place and playing truth or dare with Wonder Woman's magic lasso. HO HO HO...hilarity ensues...yuk yuk...

P.S. I enjoy and own the Marvel movies...so there...tuff nuts for ya...
    P.S.S I still dig, after all these years, Adam West's Batman...more tuff nuts for ya...

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  9. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Adam West was the best Batman...live action anyway. Kevin Conroy animated. :D

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

I will probably NOT be watching this show if it's anything like brave and the bold.

11. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I heard Brave and the Bold was supposed to be good. I keep meaning to get around to watching the episodes with Shazam and the Marvel family.

12. mumm_ra_n_rana

i saw a few episodes of it. I thought it was terrible.

13. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I suppose I should have known that. The person that told me that also loves the Michael Bay Transformers movies and the new Ghostbusters. :/

mumm_ra_n_rana likes this.
  14. mumm_ra_n_rana

ROFL!

15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No joke he once argued how Revenge of the Fallen was superior to the 1986 movie.

16. mumm_ra_n_rana

errrrr maybe you should stop talking to that person before they try to make you watch that cartoon about the goat and the banana.

17. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I am not familiar with that cartoon lol.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  18. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

Brave and the Bold was fantastic.

Mark M likes this.
  19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Then I will give it a chance and at least watch the episodes with Shazam in them.

20. mumm_ra_n_rana

it's a nickelodeon cartoon.