Cap'n Cracka's Misc. Merch Collection (non-figure/vehicle/playsets)

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Cap'n Cracka, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I agree. The toy of Panthro with the robotic arms looks nothing like it did in the cartoon.
    I think some shows, especially if they aren't super popular, can really be affected by how much the toys look like the cartoon.
    Playmates first TMNT figures where not exactly accurate to the cartoon...but the toys were still really fun and the cartoon was great so they had great success.
    A good example of the flip side would be Mattel's Bravestarr toys. I love the Bravestarr cartoon and have all the toys. The figures are really big, well articulated and well sculpted. But there is no denying the figures are not very cartoon accurate at all. I really don't know what the designers at Mattel were thinking. Granted the animation designs were a bit plain looking but I really think they went too far with the amount of extra details etc they added. Granted it made the toys more eye catching and interesting but it made them less accurate to the cartoon. I can't help but think if the toys had been a lot more accurate to the animation (and smaller to interact with the common size of various other toys) it might have done a lot better financially.
    In relation to Panthro's robotic arms and the character assortment, the pacing of the 2011 series was a bit of a mess. I still think characters like Pumyra, Kanar and Addicus etc should have been introduced a lot earlier and maybe left Panthro's robotic arms to the end of the season instead of half way through.

2. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Haven't updated in awhile. I will get to that as soon as I can. But wanted to post these 3 things up real quick. Will Friedle is such a nice guy and he really was as bummed about the show not going season 2 as we all were. And he was right there with most of us in thinking that the toys were crap, as far as the quality as to which they were made. Also a fun fact, he and Matthew Mercer still see each other and play D&D together.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Very cool! As one of the loyal fans of the new series, I have to say I still miss it.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  4. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

As do i. Still such a shame.

adssse likes this.
  5. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Nice updates, dude.

6. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Tonight (June 5, 2017) at 10:30pm EST on the History Channel… everyone should tune in or set your DVR to Pawn Stars!! In tonights description…
    Season 14. Episode 13 - "By Land or by Seep"
    [​IMG]
    Verizon Fios Episode description
    [​IMG]
    Comcast episode description

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Daremonger likes this.
  7. Daremonger

I may have to watch the episode on demand. :)

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  8. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

its not everyday Thundercats gets some national coverage and publicity these days. You definitely should when you get the chance

Daremonger likes this.
  9. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

10. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

My appearance last night on Pawn Stars with the Thundercats items ended up being the end of the show and they talk about Thundercats and have a bit of fun with Corey at the end of the episode, who was a Thundercats fan when he was a kid. Also, this is kind of cool, on the history channel website you can watch full episodes and the image that is used for the nights episode is a picture of me and the items with Chum-lee, Rick and the expert...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    History.com episode description

Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I caught the episode last night. It was cool to see and eye opening. I didn't realize prices had climbed so high. It seemed like they used to go for much less on eBay.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  12. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

the tongue-a-saurus has come down a bit since the filming but the big wheel comes up so few and far between that may be about right. Unless, i have missed some auctions which is very possible.

13. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

dang bro! thats weet, I'll try and watch the episode. I always love that show!

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  14. ninja cat

ninja cat Staff Web Guru TC.org Staff

"Thundy-Undies"! LOL
    that was pretty cool. I would have walked away as well. Surprised you were willing to give up those pieces?!?!?

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  15. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Yeah, I couldn't do it. After watching it, seems like if Corey was there he may have come up offer wise. But even then it would have been hard. But to get Thundercats some mainstream attention and national tv coverage, i was willing to entertain the idea.

16. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Anyone have any ideas on what these 2 items came from/are?
    [​IMG]
    Front - this is about the size of a dime
    [​IMG]
    Back
    [​IMG]
    Front
    [​IMG]
    Bottom

17. Daremonger

Epic finds.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Some sweet additions there Capn!

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  19. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

So, apparently Photobucket the site that I would host pictures of my collection to and then share them on here has updated its terms of service and now charges an absurd amount of money in order to do so. I also ended up losing all the pictures of everything that I had in the collection because of this update. I am now going to have to take new pictures of absolutely everything. This will be a bit of a set back but at least know I will be able to get better quality pictures of the items in the collection. Only problem is this may take awhile. Anyone out there know of any other sites that can host the pics and allow third party sharing so I can continue sharing pictures on this site??

20. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Well that sucks! Didn't expect Photobucket to suddenly stop image linking. :(

Fortunately there are numerous other alternatives like TinyPic, Imgur and many more. A quick web search will give you a list of the best image-sharing sites out there.

Alternatively, you can even upload the photos directly on the forums here (though there is a limit of I think 10 photos per post).