Cap'n Cracka's Misc. Merch Collection (non-figure/vehicle/playsets)

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Cap'n Cracka, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I am finally getting around to taking new pictures of the collection. I know a lot of the old pictures were blurry because I did not have a great camera but now I finally do. If there is anything you would like a clearer picture of let me know. Ive got a lot of items I’ve added since the last i have updated this so I will be adding more and more over the next how ever long it takes. I will do individual photos and also collection display photos.
    Finally am adding some custom items to the collection, which I am really excited about...
    LJN Snarfer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LJN Spitting Image Panthro
    [​IMG]

TLS Spitting Image Panthro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Nice custom figures for Snarfer and Panthro.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  3. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

A very fine collection!

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  4. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Love the "Spitting Image" Panthro!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup Don't believe I've ever seen anyone attempt to make a custom figure of that.

Cap'n Cracka, Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  5. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Thanks adssse!
    Thank you, WilyCub! Same. I had never seen one anywhere. I know its a rather obscure custom to do since Panthro was only this color for a few seconds in the show. Probably under 10 but Panthro always was (and is) my favorite Thundercat and as a kid having 2 Panthro's in one episode was the coolest thing in the world to me. So, it always stuck out.

6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Excellent customs.

Daremonger and Cap'n Cracka like this.
  7. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Thanks, Mark! I can't take all the credit. I have ZERO artistic ability but have found an artist/toy customizer, Melissa Somerville from Lady Tank Studios, and she is making my ideas a reality. She is super talented and is Thundercats fan. I am really excited because customs has been an area in my collection that has pretty much been nonexistent, until now. Ive been putting ideas together for years and finally get to see them come to light. I will be posting a lot more LJN and TLS customs that we are working together on from here on out.

Wilycub, Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  8. Daremonger

Can't wait to see the finished projects!

9. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

The idea is to get both TLS and LJN versions of all the customs I will be posting. So if you see one, it’s only a matter of time before the others are done. Today the latest customs arrived and the pictures don’t do them justice!! Touch of Amortus variations !!!
    Touch of Amortus Panthro, Cheetara and Lion-O
    [​IMG]

Touch of Amortus Lion-O
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Touch of Amortus Panthro
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Touch of Amortus Cheetara
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

*Fun side note* These are as close to as cartoon accurate as we could get, meaning the areas that are turned to stone are the same as the episode. Also, I really hope there is a TLS Thundercats wave 2 so I can finish the set with a Lynx-O (stone & with the mark of Amortus on his face)

shortfuse and Daremonger like this.
  10. Daremonger

You've done a tremendous job here with these half-stoned customs, bro.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  11. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Those are very cool! Outstanding idea!

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  12. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Thank you, Daremonger. But again, I can only take credit for the idea. Melissa Somerville from LadyTank Studios is the one that did that created it for me. Took the idea to her, we talked about it and agreed that textured paint would be the way to go and voila!

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Thank you, adssse!!

14. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I should have the next TLS custom in a few days. It was finished today and I got to see the finished product. I honestly think this next one is the best one yet. It is the first one that involved mixing and matching pieces from separate figures but, in my opinion, the pieces matched perfectly!! I am really excited over this one. (in case you couldnt tell since im posting about it before even gettin it. hahaha) I'm not going to say what the figure is yet. I am going to wait until I have it in hand and can post pics. But I am extremely excited and happy with how it turned out.

15. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

It arrived today… a TLS Thundercats: The Return - Lion-O custom!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I absolutely love how this figure turned out. I know the Wildstorm comics aren’t everyones favorite so I know this custom may not be for everyone but I think it turned out amazing. Its a combination of 2 different TLS figures parts. The scarf is actually a real piece of a scarf and the straps/bands around the arms are not just painted on. They are and added straps that were added around it. I felt the metallic Sword of Omens went well with this figure and added a little extra to it. I have the Sword of Omens facing downwards in the photos because Lion-O was depicted hooded the sword in a few of the covers. So again, i just felt it was fitting.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    shortfuse, Daremonger and Mark M like this.
  16. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

No a fan of the WS comics but it is an excellently made custom.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  17. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Thank you, Mark. I figure if there are going to be tons of Lion-O's, I would like to make them interesting. I know most people don't/didn't like the comics but I was a fan. Even though they might not be canon, I like the idea of acknowledging the existence of the comics in custom form for this line since I am a real big fan of that as well. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that the TLS line ends up being one of the most complete/extensive toy lines, which makes me like the custom even more.

Mark M likes this.
  18. Daremonger

I enjoy this custom Lion-O figure. :)

19. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Was this made to carry something in particular or just toys in general?
    And do you happen to have info on the manufacturer Benrose?

Daremonger likes this.
  20. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Unfortunately, I do not have any info on the manufacturer Benrose. Also, I do not know if the case was made for toys or what it was for. Perhaps it could have been marketed for school supplies?? That is just a guess on my part. Only thing I know about these cases are that there were several different pictures on the front of different ones. This is purely speculation on my part but I have always guessed there was a Lion-O, Cheetara, Tygra, and Panthro case that would have there pic on the right hand side and another picture on the left hand side. Again, purely speculation. I believe i have seen a Cheetara case like this. So maybe there is only Lion-O and Cheetara. I can not say for sure. I know I have seen them with different color plastic handles and different color plastic lock pieces on the front. If i remember correctly, these cases were from South America. Where exactly I don't remember. If i am wrong, someone please correct me because my memory for this particular item is not the greatest. Sorry, that I dont have much info on this one to share, tone.

tone likes this.