Cap'n Cracka's Misc. Merch Collection (non-figure/vehicle/playsets)

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Cap'n Cracka, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I have been slacking on updating this and for that i am sorry. I do have quite a few things I have added to the collection and need to post on here. But I am ridiculously excited about this item that I have to post about it now. To me this is a Holy Grail piece. I had figured that these probably didn’t even exist anymore. Some of you know I have been researching the Thundercats LIVE! show for years, trying to put together the tour schedule and just piece together information about it since there is so little available. I have been lucky and fortunate in adding press photos and finding out dates and cities . I was recently speaking with someone online since there hadn’t been much new information in awhile and the thread was pretty much dead on this site. But the person I was speaking with had actually gone to the Thundercats Live show years ago and remembered going. One of the reasons he remembered going was because when they came back from it his mother put the ticket stub in a scrap book and it has been sitting in the scrap book ever since. Even crazier, he doesn’t live far from me and the ticket stub is from Philadelphia (where I am from and live outside of now) and is the same venue I would have gone to see this at. These are pictures he has providing me but the ticket is being shipped to me as we speak and should be here in a few days. But here it is… a ticket stub from Thundercats Live from the very first opening weekend in Philly!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don’t know how much value this item has monetarily and it probably is not something that many people would even be interested in. But to me, this item is absolutely incredible.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  2. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Those are amazing shirts!

4. Sebastiaan

Sebastiaan Moderator TC.org Staff

That ticket stub is a mighty find and worth gold!!! Congrats on it.
    On the same note, isn’t there a way to get hold of the folks who actually performed in those shows as the cast?

5. Daremonger

Those are impressive tickets.

6. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

FINALLY, was able to add Ratar-O's silver Rat's Eyes sais with the eyes to the collection to have all 3 variations of his sais. Ratar-O himself is also the softhead variation.
    [​IMG]

shortfuse likes this.
  7. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Also picked up this vintage Lion-O and Snarf Glow-in-the-dark sweat shirt. The glow from the glow in the dark is fading and not strong enough to show in a picture with my Iphone. But it is the blue behind Lion-O that glows (is supposed to glow)
    [​IMG]

Daremonger and shortfuse like this.
  8. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

[​IMG]
    Vintage box of Thundercats Pencil (new old stock)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vintage duffle bag

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vintage Lion-O Glow in the dark t-shirt

[​IMG]
    remote controlled wired Thundertank

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mini Cat’s Lair Box (near mint condition)
    [​IMG]
    Mini Cat’s Lair instructions

[​IMG]
    Thundercats slate set

[​IMG]
    Vintage Thundercats full page “Thunderiffic” Ad from Variety magazine dated Wed July 11, 1984

[​IMG]
    Vintage Thundercats 2 page “Thundercats are coming” Ad from Variety magazine dated Wed July 11, 1984

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  9. Daremonger

You're definitely doing it, bro. ;)

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  10. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

So, I recently was able to pick up someones collection from when they were a child and i just planned on reselling it. When I got the collection back to my house and was able to compare it to the figures I already have in my collection (which i have learned to always do) I noticed a few things and I think I may have found a few variations I didn’t know about before. Some of these may be old news to some but I will admit I don’t spend as much time on these boards as I used to. But Id love to get some confirmations and opinions from members here that may know some things for sure. The first one I noticed was on the mummy form of Mumm-ra. I noticed 2 things actually. 1. One Mumm-ra the bandages are much more of a white paint job whereas the other is more of a grayish white. Now this every well be due to aging. I do not know. I just wanted to note it and get some opinions. But the much more interesting thing I noticed when comparing the 3 Mumm-Ra’s feet, the difference on the paint job was very noticeable. On the one the paint came down much further than the others. Take a look at the pics to see what I am saying…
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is this a paint job variation or possibly just the paint job on this one particular mummy form Mumm-Ra??

Now this one is definitely a foot paint job variation. It is on the black chain variation of Ma-mutt. Looking at the bottom of the feet I noticed that one Ma-mutt has the bottom of his feet painted while the other does not. ( I added a picture of the metal chain variation Ma-mutt too and the bottom of his feet are not painted)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now this one was really hard to get a picture of but I tried my best and I would love to get a confirmation and some more opinions. While comparing Captain Cracker’s Sword I noticed that one appears to be slightly larger than the other. and I do mean SLIGHTLY but it was noticeable when the swords were next to each other.
    [​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  11. Daremonger

Very, very interesting.

12. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

While taking a closer look at the rest of the figures I picked up in the collection, I noticed something else. I don’t know if this is a variation or not and would love some feedback. I was looking at Lynx-O’s ears and noticed the paint was different. I originally noticed this when I first compared the “closed eyes” Lynx-O to the “eyes painted on/ open eyes” Lynx-O.

The “closed eyes” Lynx-O had black paint on the top of his ears as well as the sides but the “eyes painted on/eyes open” did not. An “eyes closed” Lynx-O was part of the collection I picked up and i compared him to the other Lynx-O’s and saw that the top of his ears were not painted. I understand that paint can wear away with play but that part of the ear to have paint rubbed away seems unlikely. So anyone out there with Lynx-O’s does he have paint on the top of his ears? or does he not? Could this be a paint job variation? What are your thoughts? Again, like my last post, I would love to get feedback from people that know much more about the variations out there than I. I would appreciate any and all input.

[​IMG]
    (Left & Center: "eyes Closed"; Right: "eyes open/painted on")
    [​IMG]
    (Left & Center: "eyes Closed"; Right: "eyes open/painted on")

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
    Daremonger likes this.
  13. Daremonger

Good variants you've collected.

14. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

15. Daremonger

I like that Sword of Omens shirt. :)

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  16. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

same. it is a cool original design.

17. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

18. Daremonger

You're a great collector for sure. :)

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  19. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Picked up one of the Berbill Bill color variations...
    [​IMG]

Now this one I have a question about because I don't know much about metal or metals. But I also picked up another Collector Case and when I was comparing it to the other one I have I noticed the metal lock on it is different. Would this mean it is different metals that are used OR could one just be how the metal has aged over the years? I know nothing about aging metal so i figured I would ask and hope somewhere out there may now. Until I get a confirmation I will consider this a metal variation for the Collector Case.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  20. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Thank you for your kind words Daremonger.

Daremonger likes this.