Cap'n Cracka's Misc. Merch Collection (non-figure/vehicle/playsets)

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Collector's Showcase' started by Cap'n Cracka, Sep 7, 2011.

1. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Where do you even find this stuff, man? I never see thundercats stuff in the wild.
    Few questions:
    1. Do you have a dream item that has never shown up but that you know still exists out there?
    2. How are you housing all of this?
    3. What's the ultimate goal you see for your collection? Possibly a museum, or to pass down to your children?

2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

You're welcome.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  3. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I am just always looking. And every so often, I get lucky.
    1. I don't know if there is one dream item. Because there is a lot of stuff out there that I would love to get my hands on. There are a few items I suspect exist but don't have 100% confirmation on but am dying to try to find. One of my dream items for the longest time was a ticket to Thundercats Live! and when I was actually able to find one of them and not just one but one from my home town, that was a mind blowing experience. I honestly couldn't believe it. I thought for sure there was no chance in ever finding one.
    2. I have a room dedicated to just displaying the items. I call it the "Hall of Omens." I am constantly rearranging to display everything I can and making it look good. That's part of the fun for me in collecting.
    3. As far as an ultimate goal, I just hope that I am able to keep the collection growing and hopefully either triggering memories for people or maybe even inspiring other people to start collecting and keeping Thundercats alive in minds of fans. I know that may sound corny but it is true. I try to do everything I can to get Thundercats as franchise exposure. A museum would be awesome. I have definitely thought about it but sadly when you start to think logistically it would never really make sense. Spending money on a storefront or a place to actually put the museum would just end up being a money pit. If I were ever to win the lottery or something and win an absurd amount of money then yeah I would love to do that. But until then, the collection is something I am extremely passionate about and is my "zen."

tone likes this.
  4. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Great answers, thanks for the reply! I'd be interested to know what Panthro-specific items you have (especially if you have dupes, lol). I always think I have all the Panthro things then I'll run across something else (not counting customs or bootlegs).

5. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

No problem. Panthro is actually my favorite Thundercat. Sadly, there is not too too much out there Panthro specific items. Because of that i am actually going to be having some customs made in the near future. I know you said you are not looking for custom stuff but because of the serious lack of Panthro stuff out there, that is the one reason I am doing it. As far as dupes, I really dont have much. I tend to either trade or sell it off rather quickly when I do get it. I know some collectors love to have as many of one thing as they can get but that has never really been my style.

tone likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I was actually thinking about making some custom Panthro Nunchucks.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  7. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Yeah, I have no problem with customs and bootlegs. I just am always paranoid my official merch has gaps. I think that when I found out kidworks made a mini panthro I didn't know about, that shook my trust lol.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  8. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

it would be awesome seeing full size real nunchucks but done as Panthros.

Mark M likes this.
  9. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

hahahah. i completely understand. That is part of the fun of collecting to me though, finding out something exists that you never knew existed before. Its a thrill.

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I have made a couple wooden sets. Just a standard wood and string set and a custom Snake Eyes inspired wood with chain set with the Arashikage symbol engraved onto them.
    I might make the Panthro nunchucks when I work out how best to make the claws. I was thinking of perhaps making a cast from the toy or hand carving them then attaching them.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  11. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

whichever you end up doing, definitely take photos. I would love to see the finished product.

Mark M likes this.
  12. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

I don't normally go in for these type of items but when I saw this one I thought it was interesting. A vintage tri-lingual Thundercats game from Singapore...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daremonger likes this.
  13. Daremonger

This looks pretty fantastical. :)

14. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

15. Daremonger

I definitely dig those ThunderCats measurements.

Cap'n Cracka likes this.
  16. tone

tone Vortex Explorer

Cap'n where do you go to do your picking? Flea Markets, yard sales?

17. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Yeah. flea markets, yard sales, toys stores, convention pretty much anywhere/everywhere.

18. Booshman

Booshman Thunderian Legend

That must be cool to go hunting in the wild. I'm limited to what I can find online, I'd love to be able to go to a car boot sale once in a while.

Wilycub likes this.
  19. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Finding stuff in the wild is becoming less and less, sadly. But from time to time I do get lucky. Like a few weeks ago I was able to find a woman selling her sons collection from when he was a child. That was the first great find I had in the wild in a long time. I also have some friends that sell on ebay from around the world know I am a thundercats collector so when they see things while they are out looking send me messages if they come across Thundercats stuff. Thats where most of my UK stuff comes from. Seems like you can find more of it out in the wild out there. Smaller toy conventions are great too. Not the huge ones that everyone knows about but like the small not as popular ones. Usually able to get good/ better deals at those.

20. Cap'n Cracka

Cap'n Cracka Mutant

Picked up an unpainted Arm Band Captain Shiner Variation. I may be wrong but it also looks like the figure is just a little bit shorter height wise.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]