Disney animated TV series

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Wilycub, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I'm sure that you all must have seen at least one of the many animated TV series that Disney made during the late 80s and 90s like "DuckTales", "Rescue Rangers", "Darkwing Duck", "TaleSpin" etc. I watched them a lot when I was young, and I danced to their theme songs as well! (you know you did it too! ;)).

While I still enjoy occasionally watching the opening/title sequences on YouTube, I noticed something that I hadn't before. While "ThunderCats" and "He-Man" had unique animated opening sequences, these Disney cartoons' openings consisted of a montage of scenes taken from various episodes. What I found very interesting is that some of these scenes were from as far away as the 30th episode. This means that when the first episode was aired, they had already completed the animation of the 30th episode.

This is quite a remarkable way of doing things and I guess that is why the animation quality in most of these Disney cartoons didn't deteriorate as much as it did in cartoons like "ThunderCats" because the Disney animators did not have to rush to complete the episodes.

mr freeze, Mark M and Daremonger like this.
  2. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

Disney must be good for that.

3. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I noticed that as well. Most cartoons are done like that as far as I know. In the case of the non Disney cartoons I think it was a way of helping make the shows look better.

Wilycub likes this.
  4. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

The late 80s early 90s was such a great time for Disney cartoons!

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

BTW you forgot to include ''Gummibears''. ;)

Wilycub and mr freeze like this.
  6. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

They sure were. ^_^

7. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

gummibears should be in the nostalgia thread for sure . another cartoon i loved as a kid :biggrin

8. mumm_ra_n_rana

mumm_ra_n_rana Thunderian Legend

I miss all the older disney cartoons. Even newer ones like Kim Possible were good. Most shows on disney nowadays are too babyish or real stupid. I remember watching chip and dale rescue rangers, tailspin and ducktales a lot when I was a kid. I wasn't allowed to watch gummi bears and Darkwing Duck though.

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  9. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

My daughter and I still watch some of the Disney Jr shows. I actually enjoy some of them, but they are a far cry from the Disney shows of our childhood. What are everyone's thoughts on Goof Troop? I wasnt as into it, but watched it occasionally.

10. mumm_ra_n_rana

Oh I used to watch that too. That show was pretty funny.

11. Wilycub

I saw a few episodes of Goof Troop and "Quack Pack". They were nice but I didn't get as addicted to them as I was to "DuckTales" or "Rescue Rangers". But I really loved "A Goofy Movie"! It featured all the characters from Goof Troop and was a sort of a TV sequel to the show. The animation was brilliant! :)

Sadly I never saw that show. :(

adssse likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

What?! Get it watched. It was excellent. :biggrin

13. mumm_ra_n_rana

The goofy movie would have been better if it had included pete's wife and daughter. Where WERE those two?

I really enjoyed Quack Pack. It gave the triples their own personalities. That was my one complaint with Ducktales. The boys all acted like clones of one another.

14. Wilycub

I believe they were based on their appearance in the Carl Barks comics. I think that was a running gag in many episodes, people mistaking the triplets for each other. You can't really blame them, they looked the same, acted the same and sounded the same! :D At least they had different colored outfits. In the early Donald Duck cartoons, they even wore the same colored clothes! :confused

Mark M likes this.
  15. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

A bit like the original TMNT comics were they all wore red bandana/masks and the same belts.

I liked Duck Tales but I preferred Gummibears, Rescue Rangers and Tailspin.

Wilycub likes this.
  16. Wilycub

I never owned the comics, but I remember vividly that all four Turtles had red bandanas on the box art of my TMNT NES game. :) That was one tough game!!!!! :00

17. mumm_ra_n_rana

yeah i remember that. sheesh.

Mark M likes this.
  18. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

Yes, that game was rough. I much preferred the arcade game myself.

Mark M likes this.
  19. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That was an awesome piece of art work for the video game. It was originally done for the re-print cover of issue #14 by Michael Dooney.
    I had this game for the NES and the arcade version for the Commodore 64.
    The NES game was really difficult. I don't think I ever got passed the swimming level LOL.
    I think this song sums the game up well LOL.

mr freeze likes this.
  20. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

i remember this game well i still prefer platform games to the games of today . i still have a sega mega drive so i can play castle of illusion from time to time :biggrin

Mark M likes this.