FS: RARE ThunderCats Store Illuminated Store Display Sign

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by GlenSColen, Feb 21, 2011.

1. GlenSColen

GlenSColen New Member

2. Dr_SLUMP

Dr_SLUMP Berserker

That's a scam as far as I consider. This type of signs is modern and they are made in China.

I got myself one of those a couple of years ago with a SEGA logo and the seller was also offering a ThunderCats etch, identical to the one offered for $2k... I got mine for $15.

3. matt

matt Thunderian Legend

yeah those were big a few years ago for around 25 bucks. Ive never heard of a neon vintage thundercats advertising sign before. the guy is scamming people with a new sign

4. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Guys let's not jump on folk, calling them scammers, since anyone is entitled to sell their item for whatever price they want on Ebay ;)

However I do agree that it's a modern item and unlikely to sell for that amount.

5. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I might be able to shed a bit of light on this... :)

A few days ago, Glen (the poster who started this thread) e-mailed me and asked me if I had any info about the illuminated sign he's selling here. I said that I didn't know for certain, but that my own instinct would be that it was part of some sort of store display from the 1980s! :)

I suggested to him that it might be worth him signing up to these forums and asking about the piece in question as there are folks on here who know a lot more about ThunderCats toys and memorabilia than me (my field of expertise is the cartoon and comics), and that they might be able to shed more light on what this is and where it comes from. :)

I must admit, even if it was part of a store display from the 1980s, I'd still have thought just shy of $2,000 was a lot, but as Neil says, it is his perfect right to put it on eBay for whatever price he thinks is correct. :)

Just felt I ought to speak up so that you guys don't think this is a pure case of someone misrepresenting an item - it's me making a guess and someone taking my guess as fact! :D

Take care... :)

6. Nickolas

Nickolas New Member

The store display sign of a Thunder cats is should be very shining and awesome because the thunderous game is very popular and favorite game for the every body i have also a toys store and i display my store sign with the thunder cats photo and peoples are come to my shop after watch this sign and buy this games from my shop.