Greatest movie-based action figure fails

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Wilycub, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Mark M and shortfuse like this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

That's a pretty interesting list.
    The Robin Williams Peter Pan though is a variant and not the main all green outfit. I know as I had it.. But it had the same face sculpt. Which looked nothing like him. :(
    Some real surprises on the list that I did not know existed.
    There are some toys though I am amazed did not make the list.

3. Wilycub

I was humorously shocked to learn about the existence of some of these figures myself! :biggrin I'm a huge "Rocky" fan, but a meat action figure?? Seriously????? :00 I think Stallone and Cruise both have the dubious honor of having some of the worst action figures ever.

In some cases it is not the issue of how bad the action figure sculpt is, but the whole point of making the figure in the first place. I mean, who wants "Django Unchained" action figures?? Was that movie really aimed at children? Same thing with "Tears of the Sun" Bruce Willis actin figure, which was a pretty bad sculpt as well.

Name them and shame them! ;) Do share which ones you think should have been included in the list.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

There are lots of toys made based on movies not for children. But some are indeed very odd choices. Even those early 80's M*A*S*H and Love Boat action figures

Oh wear to start on bad likenesses to movies.
    The Demolition Man figures.
    Some of those 90's steroid Star Wars figures.
    The facial likenesses on those 6" Star Wars Black Series figures.
    Those World War Z figures.
    WWF Maximum Sweat figures.

I think The Meat has got to be the oddest choice for an action figure/accessory ever made. :roflmao

5. Wilycub

And in second place we have the Rocky III Statue action figure! Think about it....... a poseable action figure........ of a statue. :confused

Mark M likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

The highly wanted and priced limited addition MOTUC King Greyskull statue figure. ;)

Wilycub likes this.
  7. adssse

adssse Thunderian Legend

I remember having that Dick Tracy figure. Although I'm not exactly sure why haha

8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I had one of the bad guys.

9. mr freeze

mr freeze Laser Beast

I to had a dick tracy figure but not sure which one it was .