Icon Heroes?

Discussion in 'Statues' started by aewsmith, Dec 16, 2010.

1. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

Does anyone know whats going with Icon Heroes? I thought they were going to release one a month? So far its only liono. I really like the work they've done and am eager to see the line flourish. But I'm worried to buy in when they might being having trouble like HH.

2. Vivek

Vivek Great Void Dweller

This was posted 30 minutes back on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/iconheroes
    Can't read the full message as the original post link is from their Facebook page, which is sadly never accessible. Emailed them and sent a message on Twitter in the past about fixing their Facebook page, but they never replied.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Icon-Heroes/121772254513625

3. Mumm-Ra

Mumm-Ra Vortex Explorer

Looks like Jackalman Mini resin statue has been cancelled.

According to their Facebook Wall:
    "Here's a look at the Jackalman Staction Figure coming up. The Jackalman resin mini statue line will be canceled as the resin statues will now focus on dioramas, i.e. Thunderclaw with Lion-O, rather than individual characters which we feel are better represented through the PVC staction figures. We should have painted images of Jaga soon!"

[​IMG]

Figure base isn't final.
    It's also mentioned the figures will have a lower MSRP.

4. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Something tells me Icon's Hero's first Staction Lion-o will be highly collectible in the near future, since it will be the only figure sold individually. Will depend on the success of the line. I hope the dioramas will look equally great like Jaga's photo.

One thing is for sure, both the canceled Jacklaman and now Jaga seemed very impressive and above all, cartoon realistic unlike their Lion-o version.

5. blackiecats

blackiecats Legacy Team Member

Jackalman was the only current statue I'd have been tempted to buy (mainly because of the accuracy to the 80's cartoon) I'd have thought individual characters would be more popular than diorama pieces...:confused:

Ah re-read the statement...see he is still going ahead, but in pvc form, so forget the above.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  6. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

So does this mean they are going to be made after the same material but the only difference will be the base and weapon being permanently attached in the PVC form?

Even if that's so, and although i never took to Lion-o, he will have a unique feature.

7. blackiecats

From what I can gather it's seperate materials. The pvc version will be cheaper feeling material and more 'action figure' esque plasticy material, whereas the diarama's will be made of a material more similar to ornaments etc..

I remember when they were releasing MOTU stactions and the SDCC exclusive King Randor was made of the resin material, while the regular stactions were pvc material. This is actually good news as customizers should be able to turn pvc based stactions into action figures!! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

Lion-o has a metalic feeling, emanating a Statue quality. The good with resin is that you can lay emphasis on detail, i am not sure if the same goes for PVC, it's much poorer in quality. On the other hand, i expect prices to cut down seriously, since $60 is a little steep...

Either way, Lion-o will have a seperate place as the first and only staction of the line.

How come and they decided to opt for PVC? They were pretty sure with the 'Staction Figures' type in the first place!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  9. blackiecats

Yep the prices should drop for the pvc stactions definately.

10. Kuzeh

Kuzeh New Member

A little tidbit of info,
    During WonderCon I asked the guys from Icon Heroes about the line and they said they were going to re-start it to be compatible with MOTU Classics.
    We might see some stuff during SDCC

:thumbsup:

11. blackiecats

That would be really cool! I can't wait to see what comes out of SDCC! :)

12. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

I can't see how Tcats will be compatible with MOTU.does restarting mean they will also make Lion-O&Mamm-ra anew??

I think Icon Heroes should focus on producing Vehicles and polystone environments like Cat's lair.These museum replicas are quite successful, and besides no other company does it

13. mystique

mystique Junior Member

Does anyone know when Jaga and Jackalman are going to be released?

14. Lordore

Lordore Moderator

BBTS has them slated for June 2012. Still don't take that for granted.