is this real

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by kokennels, Apr 18, 2009.

1. kokennels

kokennels Junior Member

2. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

You must be very skeptical by nature. This sword isn't real, my Laser Sabers aren't real... :cool: I've never seen it before as far as being licensed but it is really cool, expensive though.

3. kokennels

kokennels Junior Member

its just ave collected thundercats stuff for the last 5 years and never seen that type of sword and a still dont think the laser sabers are real or ad of bought them right away from u on ebay dont take it personal

4. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

The Laser Sabers are real. If youre familiar with the dealer catalogues they were meant to be part of the assortment of figures with a Assortment number of 3566 and 3567. If Robimus can posta picture of the Assortment number this can basically be put to rest

Here is the catalog picture http://www.thundercatslair.org/toys/dealer/page16.jpg

http://www.thundercatslair.org/toys/dealer/page17.jpg

5. kokennels

kokennels Junior Member

kl so there must be a cap cracker out there somewere 2

6. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

Here are the backs of Lion-O and Mumm-Ra with ISBN's

Ahem....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Merged Post:
    Manny I think I sent you these pictures a few months back I grabbed them out of my email to someone, but anyway here they are for our UK naysayer. Part of me wants to send them to AFA for the certification (if not the high grade on either, maybe Lion-O) but it's not like they can be replaced if something happens.
    Merged Post:
    I do take it personally, either I'm a liar because I'm passing off fake toys as a rare find or stupid because I paid a decent amount of money for something that is fake. Either way it doesn't reflect well on me when you say the figures aren't real and I don't appreciate it. If you have the time and money to fly to Louisville, KY anytime soon you are welcome to come by and see them yourself, and if you bring 9 grand you can take them home with you. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  7. kokennels

kokennels Junior Member

a never said u were a lier just a didnt think they were real thats all and u payed pennies for them so stop talkin rubbish about payin decent money for them if there so rare and genuine why u sellin them put ur thunderwings up and luna lasher a no there real al buy them if ur sellin them

8. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

I had the set of LL Mumm-Ra and Thunderwings Lion-O out for probably 6 months at 3495.00 but I kept getting stupid questions and lowball offers to so I pulled it. I may change up the auctions soon and consolidate both laser sabers and maybe even add those two for around 12,000 or best offer. I really have them out for publicity for my store as well as buzz around Thundercats, the higher the asking price the more it goes up on action figure store listings, bringing people to not only search Thundercats in general but also the other item in my store, most of which are not vintage toys. I don't expect anyone to buy and I'm perfectly fine if they don't, I like the figures. However I paid about $600 for the three so I wouldn't call it "pennies" and it was a real gamble ordering something I'd never seen or couldn't find reference of based on a thumbnail, I didn't even have Manny's knowledge of the assortment number or that they were supposed to exist. To let them go I would have to have enough to pay for the rest of my collection and subsidize other interests.

9. kokennels

kokennels Junior Member

u being serious 150 to 300 all that time ago am sorry but a find that very hard to belive that would of been very epensive for a toy way bak then

10. AlexofThundera

AlexofThundera Plun-Darr Legend

As far as the sword: I do believe I have seen one of these before. I personally would not pay that much for it if I was interested though.

To the subject of how much it sold for originally from the company that made it: I can totally believe that they wanted that much because it was being sold as a "prop" and not a toy. Companies like Master Replicas sell props (granted well made props) in the $300 to sometimes $600 range. And then afterward once they are sold out the same props can go on eBay for as much as $1000. These are Star Wars props and not Thundercats props, but perhaps this Genopropz company was just trying to cash in on the prop business.

Now to the great Laser Sabers debate: When I first heard of these I was very skeptical, only because at the time news broke of these we were having a lot of "fake" Thundercats items being sold online. Lots of reseals, reproduced weapons, etc... Once I saw them however and learned that the assortment numbers matched up, I believe they are real.

I think that If someone were to go through all the trouble of producing fake figures, the cards, the bubbles, making sure the asst numbers matched up etc. I don't think they would have sold them on some site no one has heard of and for that amount of money. They would have put them on eBay to try and score as much as possible off the fakes. Possibly even made a duplicate or two. There really is no evidence to support that they are fake. There is however evidence to support that they are real.

You have to remember that towards the end of the second series of Thundercats it looked as if there was going to be a series 3. So I believe the company that made these laser sabers was under the same impression and started to produce them. Then all of a sudden they get word to halt production because Thundercats is being canceled. Maybe they had already put a scarce few into boxes for shipping, or maybe these 3 that popped up were used as the "template" and someone at the plant kept them and sold them to the shop which ultimately sold them online. Who knows how they got into circulation. But I do believe they are real and as a collector it is a real thrill to wonder what else might be out there.

I remember back in the day when everyone believed The Driller and Stinger were never released in the US. And yet now you see one pop up on eBay every once in a blue moon.