Thundercats for Christmas

Discussion in 'LJN ThunderCats Toys' started by Chromeagle, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Chromeagle

Chromeagle Barbarian

Since the holidays are upon us I thought I would share a picture of me that I found recently. My parents didnt have a lot of money when me and my brother were young but they always came through at Christmas time. It would be cool to see any pics you might have or maybe you can just share the memories.:)

[​IMG]

Mad Bubbler and The All American like this.
  2. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I had two ThunderCats-heavy Christmases - the first was Christmas 1987 when I was just into ThunderCats (and completely obsessed with it), and the only figures I had were Lion-O and S-S-Slithe, and for Christmas I got Panthro and Ro-Ber Bill! :)

The second was Christmas '88 when I got the Thundertank! My Mum & Dad had to return two in order to get one that closed down properly - of course on Christmas morning I was oblivious to everything they'd been through to get one and just thought that Santa had been really kind to me! :D Also that year I got my first ThunderCats Annual, which I remember reading and reading loads of times (for those that know about them, it was the Annual with "Past Perils Times Two" as the main comic strip). :)

Take care... :)

3. Lil'Leo

Lil'Leo Active Member

That pic immediately took me back to Christmas, 1986. That was when I got most of my Thundercats stuff. Both my Thundercat action figures (Lion-O w/ Snarf and Tygra w/ Wilykat), both my Thundercat novels, my Lion-O dress-up set thingy that included his belt, the Sword of Omens, the Claw Shield and this mask of his face, and I SWEAR I got a sticker book or Colorforms or something like that, but I don't really remember. (I'll have to dig up an old pic of that somewhere.) Anyway, it's one of my favorite Thundercat memories, as well as one of my favorite Christmas memories. :) :liono

4. Copperkid

Copperkid Vortex Explorer

that picture is really cool man. i was only 3-4 when thundercats were out, born in '83, but all i remember was watching these couple of video tapes over and over and i had all the good thundercats and playing with lion-o and loving his claw shield and how it could come off and on. no pics of it but those memories still remain

5. Robimus_Prime

Robimus_Prime Moleman

My Cat's Lair has a receipt with it from the JC Penney's Catalog where it was ordered along with a Lion-O talking Alarm Clock (which was hell to track down in the box by the way...) in November 1986, one can only assume I got it for Christmas that year though I have no picture documentation. I was 3 that year, so it was probably about as big as me when built lol

6. thezaxfactor

thezaxfactor Staff Writer and Moderator TC.org Staff

I'd have to sift through a mountain of home videos to find actual photographic evidence, but for Christmas 1989 Santa brought me Top-Spinner, Cruncher, the Fist-Pounder, and the Luna-Lasher. I didn't see "ThunderCats Ho!" until 1999, so you can imagine my four-year-old amazement that two obscure characters from "Together We Stand" and an equally obscure vehicle from "Mumm-Ra Lives! Part 1" were actually made into toys! As for the Luna-Lasher, turns out I was rightly confused.

All my other toys from back then came either as birthday presents (SkyCutter and Nosediver in 1990), or when my dad would return from trips overseas. In 1991, he found me a one-armed Pumyra in Saudi Arabia. I wish I'd never taken her off the card!

7. liono

liono Guest

nice! i have home video footage of my TCATS xmas, ill upload it 4 u all sometime

8. tcatartist

tcatartist Crabman

Great thread and pic!

Nostalgia is big, especially around the holidays. I didn't get any Thundercats figures until later, when the show was off-air, however I did have a MOTU Christmas, getting both Battlecat and Panthor. I haven't any pics from that Christmas, tho.

Again, this is great!

9. Cool pic, Chromeagle.

Sadly I never got any ThunderCats for Christmas as they were really hard to find in my area, plus I had a lot of other competing lines I collected that filled my Christmas stocking.

I would love to see more classic Christmas ThunderCats pics on here!