TigerSharks TigerSharks & Silverhawks

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by MummRaOrigins, Sep 27, 2011.

1. MummRaOrigins

MummRaOrigins Junior Member

Why did Thundercats disappear for the 86-87 season? Here's a couple of scenarios:

-T-Cats gets cancelled to make room for TigerSharks and Silverhawks & comes back once the other 2 don't live up to the success of Thundercats

-The show goes on hiatus so cast members can focus on the 2 previously mentioned series

2. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

3. T-Cat

T-Cat Mutant

Great news! Question for Manny, could you create a "Silverhawks.org" and "TigerSharks.org"? If you need some fan support, I'll be the first to sign up. ^_^ Thanks!

4. MannysCollectibles

MannysCollectibles Legacy Team Member

I'd register the domains...too bad theyre taken already

5. wthompson

wthompson Crabman

Not to get too detailed, but it was purely related to the toys selling on the shelves at the time. In 1988 the TMNT took over and smoked a lot of the toy lines at the time causing a few lines to get cancelled and thus the TV show went as well.

A solid read is this book :

Mastering the Universe: He-Man and the Rise and Fall of a Billion-Dollar Idea

http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Universe-He-Man-Rise-Billion-Dollar/dp/1578602238

It talks about what was going on with various toy lines and has an excellent story about how He-man was created and ultimately died off due to shows like TMNT.

Cheers
    W

6. MXTHUNDERCAT

MXTHUNDERCAT Laser Beast

silverhawks s1 vol 2

does anyone have any info on silverhawks seaon 1 vol 2, i just saw several on ebay but they are going for quite a bit of money for being a new release that should be available anywhere.....