Tigersharks Toon Thread!

Discussion in 'ThunderCats (1985)' started by Morfus, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Morfus

Morfus Junior Member

I figured Tigersharks is so obscure there wont be any sites specifically about it, and so close to Thundercats that most T-Cats fans also have a soft spot for T-Sharks, more so than S-Hawks.

So, I figured Id start a thread because not only are the T-Sharks toys insanely rare, so is the actual TV show itself! I dont know where to put it so thats why its here in the classic T-Cats Cartoon forum.

Tigersharks was a 24 minute long series from Rankin Bass which premiered in 1987 in a block of cartoons called "The Comic Strip" and was aired alongside the shows Street Frogs (sucked), Karate Kat (sucked), and Mini Monsters (somewhat tolerable but mostly sucked). The Comic Strip came and went quickly, and along with it the Tigersharks- never to be broadcast on Television again! I believe the "quality" of the other shows is what put the nail in the coffin and unfortunately Tigersharks was caught in the middle.

To Date, few of the Tigersharks episodes have ever been found. Luckily some kid out in California was smart enough to record a handful of episodes, 90% of them with the intro and episode title cut off, but hey at least we have something. Thats where the common bootleg dvd that floats around online is resourced from, and as far as I know theres no other home recordings of the show! (If anyone on here has some or the complete series, PLEASE contact me! Id give any organ I have two of for this complete series!)

Tigersharks is just like T-Cats, but underwater of course. In fact (call me a blasphemer) I prefer T-sharks to T-Cats anyday! I think its the whole waterworld, crazy pirates, shark people thing the show has going on. Its just too cool!

I tried contacting Warner Archives, who own the Rankin Bass library. Not only did they have no idea what I was talking about, they reassured me I would never see it officially on DVD. We need to change this!

Whats everyone elses thoughts on the Show? Do you like it? how would you compare it to T-Cats and S-Hawks? Would you buy the DVD set if it was ever officially released to DVD? Do you collect the (RARE) T-Sharks action figures? Have any other information about this show?

Thanks guys! Any extra information and just your opinion will be a big help! :thumbsup:

2. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

hey Morfus, i sent you a PM, with a link

3. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I've seen only two or three "TigerSharks" episodes as a kid, but I believe that it deserves a DVD release.

4. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

Hey DM, in case you're interested, I almost have some new TS pages done

5. Daremonger

Thanks, man!

6. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

Would it be ok if I start posting my TSharks fan comic, in this thread?

7. Daremonger

For sure. :)

8. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

TSharks 1, pg 1
    [​IMG]
    pg 2
    [​IMG]
    pg 3
    [​IMG]
    pg 4
    [​IMG]
    pg 5
    [​IMG]
    pg 6
    [​IMG]
    pg 7
    [​IMG]
    pg 8
    [​IMG]

9. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

TSharks 2,
    pg 1
    [​IMG]
    pg 2
    [​IMG]
    pg3
    pg 4
    [​IMG]
    pg 5
    [​IMG]
    pg 7
    [​IMG]
    pg 8
    [​IMG]
    TSharks 3,
    pg 1
    [​IMG]
    pg 2
    [​IMG]
    pg 3
    [​IMG]
    pg 4
    [​IMG]
    pg 5
    [​IMG]
    pg 6
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  10. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

i'll load up the rest of ch. 2, and i'm starting on ch. 3 now.

11. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

pg's 2 and 3 are now available

12. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

pg's 4&5 are now online.

13. Daremonger

You're doing real good with your comics.

14. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

thanks, DM.
    pg 6 is now online.

15. Daremonger

Enjoyed it. ;)

16. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

im glad that you did.

17. Daremonger

Me, too, buddy. Me, too.

18. TSharkfan1

TSharkfan1 Active Member

just sketched out the cover for issue 3

19. ThunderianIGGY

ThunderianIGGY Active Member

I actually bought a bootleg with most of the episodes on ioffer.com.

The DVD set includes about 13 episodes of Tigersharks, 3 episodes of Karate Cat, 3 episodes of Street Frogs and 3 episodes of The Mini- Monsters.

ioffer.com hasn't had any for a while though, but I would keep checking back, as eventually someone might put up a set for sale.

Interesting to note, I got all my non DVD released cartoons from there. Complete Series of The Bionic Six, Dinosaucers, Popples, Inhumanoids, Teen Wolf (the 80's cartoon) and Visionaries.

20. KorbenDallas

KorbenDallas Glass Walker

Nice semi-spinoff to Silverhawks and Thundercats