TMNT Bandai S.H. Figuarts

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Mark M, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Wilycub and shortfuse like this.
  2. Serval

Serval Crabman

They look amazing! The shoulders look a bit flat but that can easily be remedied depending on the pose.
    I've picked up Leo and Don and will pick up the other two turtle bros in the near future.
    Does anyone know what happened to Shredder?
    Is the line canceled?

Going forward, I would imagine the next wave to look like: Shredder, Splinter, Casey, April, Bebop, Rocksteady, Foot Soldier, Krang + walker, Baxter, Rat King and Leatherhead
    but a more exciting alternative wave (in my head, only) would include: Shredder, April, Splinter, Kala + Dask + Zak, Granitor + Traag, Krang's Android Body, and Triceraton

But, is the series over? It seemed to have had much visibility in the NYCC.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    Mark M likes this.
  3. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I'm surprised I didn't see this post before. That Leo looks fantastic! :thumbsup I especially love how the face, eyes, and body are based on the look of the Turtles' original cartoon series. TMNT have had many different figures made, and while I liked their looks, I always wished for more cartoon accurate figures, and these are it! In the cartoons the Turtles' body and stance was always more humanoid but the toys always leaned towards making them look more like Turtles with the round torso and the spread apart legs.

Mark M likes this.
  4. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I thought I sent you a link to these a while back. They look pretty awesome and really cartoon accurate. I still like the Playmates Classics but in terms of sculpt, cartoon accuracy, articulation and accessories the Figuarts are superior. I would get them if they were not so expensive.
    As far as I know the line is still going forward. Personally with the Figuarts line being very selective I doubt they will make a big selection of characters. The only ones I think they may be planning are Bebop and Rocksteady. I would love them to also do April, Casey, Splinter, Foot Ninja and Krang.

5. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

I still can't get over how cartoon accurate these are! :biggrin I love the Playmates line of TMNT figures too, but they were far from being cartoon accurate, barring a few exceptions.

They should definitely do the core line up that you mentioned. I just saw this pic of all 4 of the Turtles and they look fantastic! :) Love the individual expressions!
    [​IMG]

shortfuse likes this.
  6. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

They are definitely awesome. I will always love the vintage TMNT figures.
    Playmates Classics figures from 2012 still look pretty good though and are quite a bit more affordable at £12-£15 each. :D Same for NECA's comic inspired TMNT they are also quite good.
    upload_2017-1-26_20-0-2.png upload_2017-1-26_20-3-57.png
    Speaking of Turtles have you seen NECA's 18" 1990 movie figures.

7. Serval

Serval Crabman

I have the NECA Don and I preordered the Raph. This series is going to destroy my wallet. But $99 a figure of this scale and detail is a no-brainer. There are $300+ statues that don't reach this level of perfection.

Mark M and Wilycub like this.
  8. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

I hope NECA can find a way of releasing scaled down version or some cartoon/comic version using the bodies from the hero and villain SDCC video game packs. In fact I would love NECA to get the licence to do Classics figures based on the comics and cartoon. :D

9. Serval

Serval Crabman

10. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

11. Serval

Serval Crabman

In that case, I hope the helmet is removable, and that it could be adjusted. I hope future characters will be announced at some point.

Mark M likes this.
  12. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

It definitely does look removable. Not so keen on the cape. I prefer cloth capes.
    It would be cool for more figures. I think after Shredder I would say that is them probably done with TMNT.