VBay Working At All? I have some items to sell

Discussion in 'ThunderCats Marketplace' started by tcatartist, Aug 23, 2009.

1. tcatartist

tcatartist Crabman

Okay, I have a lot of ThunderCats paraphernalia to sell. Is this Vbay on here working? (First one up is the late Jim Mooney's original comic book page from ThunderCats #5, page 22.)

[​IMG]

2. He-Fan

He-Fan Legacy Team Member

Chris here...

I must be totally honest and say I don't know a lot about the vBay feature of these forums as I've always left that side of things up to the folks on the team in charge of the toys - however, I've just left a message for someone from the team to get back to you about this - just thought I'd LYK that it's being looked into. :)

Take care... :)

3. tcatartist

tcatartist Crabman

Thank you!

4. aewsmith

aewsmith Guest

I watch it, when I check the forum. Its hard to miss.

5. Mark / Grizzlor

Mark / Grizzlor Site Director TC.org Staff

Hey Celesta,

I gave it a test run and added a test item to VBay. It seems to have worked. Could you post the problem you were having? What was the error message if any?

Did you go through the process of loading VBay and becoming a seller?

Cheers,
    Grizz

6. tcatartist

tcatartist Crabman

Oh there weren't any errors. I just didn't see any activity in it and didn't want to post to it if it wasn't being used.

How about this - Is there a particular thread for announcing eBay auctions related to Thundercats? Thank you.

7. He-Fan

Chris here...

I must confess I don't look through the Marketplace forums as much as I probably should, but for myself I'd say the best thing would be to start up a thread for each item on the TCats Marketplace board saying, for example, "Original Jim Mooney artwork for sale on eBay", etc. :)

If you had several ThunderCats items for sale at once, perhaps the best thing would be to start up a thread titled something like "Selling some of my ThunderCats collection on eBay", and then post in the thread details of each auction - in my experience this can be quite good if you're selling lots of similar items where folks might like to pick up more than one item and combine shipping... :)

Also, in particular reference to the Jim Mooney artwork, I believe www.comicartfans.com has a trading area where folks can buy and sell comic artwork. I know of ComicArtFans through the TCats Original Comic Art Gallery on this site, it's where I've made contact with a lot of the collectors who've donated scans to the gallery, and it's possible there might be another ThunderCats and/or Jim Mooney art collector who would give you a good price. As you probably know already, Jim Mooney also worked on some other titles like Spider-Man, and so it wouldn't surprise me to see his artwork fetching a pretty penny! ;)

Also (again), this may or may not be a good idea, but you might also like to look for other folks who've donated Mooney artwork to our Original Comic Art Gallery and think about contacting them directly - http://www.thundercatslair.org/comics/gallery/marvel/index.html . I imagine most of them would be cool being contacted about another Mooney TCats piece for sale, all of the ones I've spoken to just seem to love to talk about and share their collections! :)

Hope some of this lengthy response is of help, anyway! ;) Good luck with your sales and let us know if we can be of any more help!

8. tcatartist

tcatartist Crabman

Thank you, Chris.

I started an account on comicartfans.com and I shall post an auction there as well.

I hope the sales go very well, thank you for your support.

So, I would post in this forum (Marketplace) again when the auctions start?

9. He-Fan

Chris here...

I would say definitely do that, and include links to any auctions within the body of your post(s). :)

Glad to know that ComicArtFans looks like it might be of help, IMO it could be your best bet for original artwork (don't forget too that some artists upload scans of their own work, so it might be worth you adding some of your own stuff to a ComicArtFans gallery page as well)! :)

Let us know if we can be of any further help, and good luck with it all! :)

10. tcatartist

tcatartist Crabman

Okay update on this.

There are a few issues I'm running into that I am hammering out. I don't sell very often on eBay. The shipping part confuses me. Is there anyone out there who has regular eBay selling experience willing to help me out in this area? I want shipping to be fair, not something that gets in the way of someone bidding on the item(s).

Anyone have tips on shipping original comic book pages? (Package used and shipping tips, etc.)

Thank you for any help.

Okay, first item up is the late Jim Mooney's original comic book page for issue #5, page 22 (page 17 on piece). Signed Jim Mooney Original Comic Book Art (ThunderCats)

I have also posted this on comicartfans.com and my gallery of art is up as well.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  11. He-Fan

Chris here...

Sorry to see this question didn't get any replies - I'm not a regular eBay seller myself but have sold stuff on eBay before. :)

I'm not particularly experienced, but what I tend to do is get the item + its packaging materials together, weigh it, and then use eBay's postage calculator to work out exactly what it's going to cost by the various different postage methods available - I then add a tiny amount (usually less than 1 GBP, although it can vary) to allow for the packaging materials I'll be using (such as sellotape, the box or envelope I'll be sending the item in, etc.).

Then, when I list the auction, I will usually give a couple of different postage options with different prices that the winning bidder can select - so, for example, 1st Class Standard, 2nd Class Standard, 1st Class Recorded - you get the idea. What options I offer will vary, depending on the expected value of the item - if I sold a "knick knack" that would probably only sell for 99p, I'd probably make the main postage option the cheapest one, whereas if I was selling something valuable, I'd want that to go by some form of recorded delivery (if only to cover my own back) and so would probably make sure that all the postge options had some form of parcel tracking.

As a buyer, the auctions I tend to be way of are those where the shipping is listed as "Seller's standard rate", because you often find that those auctions see the sellers making sometimes quite chunky profits out of their shipping - I've been overcharged by up to around £2.50 (circa $4 - $5) on postage costs by eBay sellers quoting a "seller's standard rate"...

Hopefully this all makes sense - I'm a bit late to help out with your piece of original artwork, and have no experience of shipping for those sorts of things whatsoever, but glad to see it sold anyway! :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009