WWE and TMNT team up for new hybrid action figures!

Discussion in 'Other Cartoons & Collectables' started by Wilycub, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Wilycub

Wilycub Staff Writer and Artist TC.org Staff

Mark M likes this.
  2. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Pretty cool. Love TMNT and used to be a huge wrestling fan. :D
    Strange choices though for the wrestlers/outfits though. Only Cena is currently active on the roster, Undertaker only makes one appearance a year at Wrestlemania, Sting retired in April (after finally joining WWE in late 2014 and wrestling 3 maybe four matches at most in WWE) and Macho Man Randy Savage left the WWE in 95 and died a few years ago.
    I would have thought the four would have all been iconic WWE legends or all current stars.
    After Hogan's...scandal... last year WWE have distanced themselves from him sadly.

3. Wilycub

Yeah, the choices of the wrestlers seem to be a bit all over the place. Cena is probably one of the most popular of the current lot but his outfit is kinda... meh. Maybe a more "flamboyant" wrestler's looks would have looked better. I love the Macho Man Michaelangelo! :)

The Undertaker is still wrestling? That guy must be a hundred years old! LOL! :biggrin I remember him from the WWF days during the 90s.

It's a shame about Hogan. Whatever the case, I don't think anyone can deny that there has never been a bigger wrestling star than him. "Hulkamania" was MASSIVE int he 90s! :)

Mark M likes this.
  4. Daremonger

Daremonger Thunderian Legend

I enjoyed the article. WWE seems to enjoy teaming up with other companies.

5. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Hogan is the most Iconic wrestler there will ever be. I hope things can get sorted out between him and WWE again.

Undertaker really should retire. He has really slowed down the last few years.

Macho Man Mikey and The Deadman Donatello are the best.
    A Roddy Piper inspired Raphael and an Ultimate Warrior Leonard would look very cool.

Wilycub likes this.
  6. Wilycub

I was wondering if it might have been a better idea to make the Turtles look a little bit more like 1980's line? That line had all the hybrid Turtles like Sports Turtles, Army Turtles Space Turtles, Farmer Turtles etc. So maybe if the Turtles' designs were based on the original look, they might fit better into the "hybrid" line-up. I don't recall any of the new TMNT lines having such hybrid figures, did they?

7. Mark M

Mark M Thunderian Legend

Yeah the new line has some hybrid type figures but nowhere near as many as the 80's line. So far the 2012 line has done Ooze, LARP, Vision Quest, head popping and Dimension X/Space outfits along with various other variants like stealth. The LARP, Vision Quest and Dimension X episodes all featured in the cartoon.